I'm planning a last minute, unexpected trip to Colorado, flying into Denver with my wife and 12-yr-old daughter on July 27 thru August 3 (1 week). We don't want to spend too much time driving, so I think we will probably limit our stay to two locations, and explore from there. I 'm thinking maybe Estes Park and Breckenridge? Any advice about that? I really don't know much about Colorado and what's where...
We want to do some nature tours, wildlife watching and light hiking, and some fun things that would interest our 12--yr-old.
Would also appreciate any advice on lodges/hotels/cabins where we might stay. Would prefer a moderate-to-upscale place with separate living and bedroom(s), and a pool.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 6 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 7 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 8 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 9 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 10 Moving to Montana
- 11 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 12 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 13 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 14 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 15 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 Savanah GA
- 18 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Colorado itinerary
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions