I'm planning a last minute, unexpected trip to Colorado, flying into Denver with my wife and 12-yr-old daughter on July 27 thru August 3 (1 week). We don't want to spend too much time driving, so I think we will probably limit our stay to two locations, and explore from there. I 'm thinking maybe Estes Park and Breckenridge? Any advice about that? I really don't know much about Colorado and what's where...
We want to do some nature tours, wildlife watching and light hiking, and some fun things that would interest our 12--yr-old.
Would also appreciate any advice on lodges/hotels/cabins where we might stay. Would prefer a moderate-to-upscale place with separate living and bedroom(s), and a pool.
Need advice for last-minute trip to Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 2 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 4 WISCONSIN
- 5 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Washington, DC to Boston
- 10 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 11 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 12 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 13 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 17 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 18 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 19 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 20 San Diego Trip Report
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Easter lunch/brunch suggestions for Panama City Beach