I'm planning a last minute, unexpected trip to Colorado, flying into Denver with my wife and 12-yr-old daughter on July 27 thru August 3 (1 week). We don't want to spend too much time driving, so I think we will probably limit our stay to two locations, and explore from there. I 'm thinking maybe Estes Park and Breckenridge? Any advice about that? I really don't know much about Colorado and what's where...
We want to do some nature tours, wildlife watching and light hiking, and some fun things that would interest our 12--yr-old.
Would also appreciate any advice on lodges/hotels/cabins where we might stay. Would prefer a moderate-to-upscale place with separate living and bedroom(s), and a pool.
Need advice for last-minute trip to Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 4 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 5 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 charleston during Christmas Week
- 8 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 9 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 15 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 16 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 17 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 21 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 los angeles restaurants
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 2 or 3 nights in Hana