Family of 3, 2 adults and one 9 year old, plan to drive California Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to San Diego over 9 days in late August. Arrive Thursday depart the next Saturday. I want to know if I should make hotel reservations ahead of time for overnight stop overs along the way or will we be able to get a room by just walking in the same day. We plan to stop overnight between Carmel and San Simeon-Cambria area. Then on to Santa Barbara area to stop overnight. Then somewhere in Santa Monica-LA area overnight. We have a place to stay with relatives in San Diego area. We would like to stay overnight at oceanfront hotels on the Pacific Coast along the way. Any advice from those who have done this drive/vacation?
Need advice about doing Pacific Coast Highway drive/vacation. Hotel Reservations needed or not for stopovers along the way.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 2 Colorado in the summer!
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Need limo service from JFK
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 10 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 14 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 15 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 18 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 19 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 20 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 21 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 24 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State