Family of 3, 2 adults and one 9 year old, plan to drive California Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to San Diego over 9 days in late August. Arrive Thursday depart the next Saturday. I want to know if I should make hotel reservations ahead of time for overnight stop overs along the way or will we be able to get a room by just walking in the same day. We plan to stop overnight between Carmel and San Simeon-Cambria area. Then on to Santa Barbara area to stop overnight. Then somewhere in Santa Monica-LA area overnight. We have a place to stay with relatives in San Diego area. We would like to stay overnight at oceanfront hotels on the Pacific Coast along the way. Any advice from those who have done this drive/vacation?
Need advice about doing Pacific Coast Highway drive/vacation. Hotel Reservations needed or not for stopovers along the way.
View all United States activity »
- 1 Biloxi questions again
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 8 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 14 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 22 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 23 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 24 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 25 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon