I'm a writer living in Minneapolis. Every now and then, I need to get away for a weekend to someplace not too far and not too expensive to just focus on writing. I have found a great b&b just outside the city (not available right now), and I've even taken advantage of weekend hotel deals downtown to get a change of environment (plus I really do like our city). Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick getaway in a couple of weeks? I'm looking for a Friday to Monday, no further than an hour and half drive (or cheap 1.5 hour flight), affordable and comfortable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Need a Writer's Retreat Suggestion from Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 2 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 3 Colorado aspen updates
- 4 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 5 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 10 Newport Restaurants
- 11 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 12 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 13 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 14 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 15 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 16 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Broadway choices
- 20 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Fairbanks Alaska
- 23 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Yosemite Lodging