I'm a writer living in Minneapolis. Every now and then, I need to get away for a weekend to someplace not too far and not too expensive to just focus on writing. I have found a great b&b just outside the city (not available right now), and I've even taken advantage of weekend hotel deals downtown to get a change of environment (plus I really do like our city). Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick getaway in a couple of weeks? I'm looking for a Friday to Monday, no further than an hour and half drive (or cheap 1.5 hour flight), affordable and comfortable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Need a Writer's Retreat Suggestion from Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 2 visiting chicago
- 3 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 4 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 6 driving Yellowstone to Denver
- 7 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 8 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 9 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 10 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 11 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 12 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 13 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 14 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 15 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 16 Day trip to Hudson Valley from NYC?
- 17 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 18 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 19 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 21 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 22 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 23 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 25 We are flying into Phoenix in November