I'm a writer living in Minneapolis. Every now and then, I need to get away for a weekend to someplace not too far and not too expensive to just focus on writing. I have found a great b&b just outside the city (not available right now), and I've even taken advantage of weekend hotel deals downtown to get a change of environment (plus I really do like our city). Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick getaway in a couple of weeks? I'm looking for a Friday to Monday, no further than an hour and half drive (or cheap 1.5 hour flight), affordable and comfortable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Need a Writer's Retreat Suggestion from Minneapolis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 7 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 8 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 9 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 USA with a 3 year old
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 14 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 15 Universal studios/Orlando
- 16 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 First family ski trip
- 19 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 20 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 21 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 22 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 23 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 24 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 25 Vacation rentals in Tucson