My DH and I will be in San Diego for a week in September. We are staying in the Gaslamp Quarter and he will be attending a conference at the Convention Center all week. I will be on my own during the day and DH and I will have the evenings together. As of now, our plan is not to rent a car. Do you think I'll regret that? I'm not afraid to use public transportation by myself as long as it's not too much of a hassle and it is safe (we're used to the great public transportation system in Chicago). I hate to pay $40 per night to park a rental car at the hotel, but I also want to be able to get places. Maybe I should just rent one for a few days. Thoughts?
Need a vehicle in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Self guided White House tour
- 5 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 6 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 7 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Central Coast-California
- 13 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 14 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 15 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 16 Moving to CT
- 17 Hotels Philly
- 18 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 19 Ackislander
- 20 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 21 san diego or nearby area
- 22 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 23 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 24 LA for a day and a half
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!