My DH and I will be in San Diego for a week in September. We are staying in the Gaslamp Quarter and he will be attending a conference at the Convention Center all week. I will be on my own during the day and DH and I will have the evenings together. As of now, our plan is not to rent a car. Do you think I'll regret that? I'm not afraid to use public transportation by myself as long as it's not too much of a hassle and it is safe (we're used to the great public transportation system in Chicago). I hate to pay $40 per night to park a rental car at the hotel, but I also want to be able to get places. Maybe I should just rent one for a few days. Thoughts?
Need a vehicle in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 3 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 4 Philly
- 5 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 6 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 7 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 8 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 9 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Pub with food in Seattle
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 17 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 18 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 19 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 20 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!