My DH and I will be in San Diego for a week in September. We are staying in the Gaslamp Quarter and he will be attending a conference at the Convention Center all week. I will be on my own during the day and DH and I will have the evenings together. As of now, our plan is not to rent a car. Do you think I'll regret that? I'm not afraid to use public transportation by myself as long as it's not too much of a hassle and it is safe (we're used to the great public transportation system in Chicago). I hate to pay $40 per night to park a rental car at the hotel, but I also want to be able to get places. Maybe I should just rent one for a few days. Thoughts?
Need a vehicle in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 9 Zion to Albuquerque
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 12 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 Round trip from Chicago
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 18 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Quick Trip to NYC
- 24 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 25 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed