We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Need a little Philadelphia dining help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint