We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 2 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 3 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 6 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 7 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 8 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 9 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 Page, AZ area
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 14 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 15 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 16 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 17 Traveling Alone
- 18 Northern California Redwoods
- 19 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 20 Redwoods National Park
- 21 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 22 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 23 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 24 New Mexico in May
- 25 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula