We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Need a little Philadelphia dining help
- 1 hotel near Met NYC
- 2 Key West on NYE
- 3 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 4 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 8 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 9 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 14 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Hotel near Public Theater
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 21 Oahu Information
- 22 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 23 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn