We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support Intuit PRO number RICHARD
- 2 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 3 help me plan a Cali trip
- 4 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 5 Colorado Shows Off
- 6 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 7 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 8 Wilmington DE questions
- 9 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 10 New England Tour
- 11 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 12 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 13 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 14 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 15 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 16 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 17 Muir Woods in October
- 18 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 19 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 20 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 21 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 22 Mesa Verde question
- 23 Planning our Move
- 24 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?