We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 2 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 3 what western states to spend the most time in
- 4 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 5 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 6 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 7 Hawaii - where?
- 8 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 9 Little Compton, RI
- 10 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 11 Moab UT Accommendations
- 12 A week in NYC - first timers
- 13 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 14 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 15 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 16 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 17 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 18 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 19 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 20 Retiring in Florida
- 21 Help with first time
- 22 NJ to Florida drive
- 23 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 24 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 25 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME