We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best health clubs with lap pools
- 2 10 days vacation in California
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 North Carolina airports
- 9 Hotel in Reno
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 16 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 17 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 22 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017