We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 2 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 3 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 4 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 5 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 6 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 7 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 8 First Trip to New Mexico
- 9 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 10 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 11 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 12 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 San Antonio shopping
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 17 blue ridge parkway?
- 18 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 19 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 23 San Diego, mission valley
- 24 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 25 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver