We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Help
- 2 Yellowstone in early May
- 3 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 4 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 5 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 hotel shampoo and soap
- 9 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 10 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 11 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 12 Renting a car with DWAI
- 13 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 14 San Francisco first visit.
- 15 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 16 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 17 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 18 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see