We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Need a little Philadelphia dining help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Skiing
- 2 Yosemite Lodging
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Worst Restaurants in America
- 6 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 7 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 8 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 13 What's new on Maui?
- 14 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 15 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Oregon Road Trip
- 23 Broadway choices
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?