We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Need a little Philadelphia dining help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san diego or nearby area
- 2 Thank goodness for this service!
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Texas
- 5 Los Angeles day trips
- 6 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 7 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 8 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 9 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 10 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 11 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 12 Self guided White House tour
- 13 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 14 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 15 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 16 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 17 Northwest USA
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 middlebury vt snow
- 20 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 21 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 22 LA for a day and a half
- 23 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 24 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 25 What is the weather like in Kona in November?