We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 2 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 3 Miami for 2 days
- 4 More problems for Big Sur
- 5 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 6 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 7 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Las Vegas trip report
- 11 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 14 sugestions
- 15 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 16 Boston area hotels
- 17 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 19 Santa Fe Itineray
- 20 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 21 Quick road trip
- 22 What to request?
- 23 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 24 How much cash do you travel with?
- 25 Outlet Mall in New Orleans