We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Need a little Philadelphia dining help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 5 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 15 Best Destination in USA
- 16 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 17 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 18 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 19 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 x mas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 24 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 25 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!