We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 4 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 5 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 8 Cape cod Labor Day
- 9 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 10 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 11 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 12 Steamboat in August
- 13 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 19 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 20 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 21 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 22 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 23 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 24 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 25 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia