We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 3 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 4 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 5 US whole month of January where to
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 8 Miami airport--safety??
- 9 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 10 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 11 Recent Spam Attacks
- 12 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 13 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 19 Baltimore Weekend
- 20 Dinosaur National Monument
- 21 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 22 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Things to do in Toronto
- 25 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time