We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 2 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 3 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 4 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 5 Bucket List
- 6 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 7 Yosemite Hike
- 8 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 9 http://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/testadrox/
- 10 Colorado Hiking in September
- 11 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 14 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 15 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 16 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 17 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 18 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 19 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 20 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 21 48 Hours in NYC
- 22 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 23 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 24 The District by Hilton Club
- 25 Which island for teens