We will be in Philadelphia for a convention over the last weekend in August. It's a large convention at the Convention Center, and we are staying at the Omni at Independence Park.
We are leaving right from Philadelphia for Italy on Sunday afternoon. That fact, combined with the probability that we'll be busy at the convention, leads me to prefer casual and inexpensive eating. I'm not going to plan any fine dining.
We would like to be able to walk to take public transportation to some spots for dinner. We like all kinds of ethnic food, but don't really want Italian since we are going to Italy. Tasty and fresh, casual and around $20 per person would be great. We will of course go lower or higher.
Should we go to Reading Terminal Market on Friday or Saturday? Is it too crowded on Saturday? We will do some sight seeing on Sunday before going to the airport around 2 or 3.
Any and all tips are very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 2 Bug bites, help!
- 3 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 4 Traveling out west
- 5 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 6 Travel from Seattle w to San Francisco
- 7 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 8 Hotel in Austin
- 9 hotel in NYC
- 10 Austin TX restaurants
- 11 Southern California and young kids
- 12 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 13 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 14 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 15 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 16 Driving from Wisconsin to Vail Co in Mid October
- 17 911 Museum
- 18 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 19 Lake Champlain, VT
- 20 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 21 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 22 5 Days near Denver
- 23 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 24 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 25 TSA Security Question