We will be flying into DCA on July 2 to attend a Memorial Service and burial at Arlington Cemetery on July 3, we must be at the Old Post Chapel at Ft Meyers by 8:30 AM. I would like suggestions for hotels close to Arlington, and how far/drive time it is from Gaithersburg where a reception will be held following the ceremony. I understand that there will be heavy traffic due to the July 4 holiday, how long do you think it would take to drive from hotel close to Arlington back to DCA on July 4, flight leaves at 6PM. Another option would be shuttle to hotel, renting a car for the funeral purposes at an agency close to chosen hotel, and then shuttle back to airport. Anyone have any other ideas or opinions on one of these plans. THanks!
Need a little help with DC arrangements
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 5 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 13 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 14 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 15 Best Destination in USA
- 16 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 17 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 18 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 19 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 x mas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 24 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 25 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!