We will be flying into DCA on July 2 to attend a Memorial Service and burial at Arlington Cemetery on July 3, we must be at the Old Post Chapel at Ft Meyers by 8:30 AM. I would like suggestions for hotels close to Arlington, and how far/drive time it is from Gaithersburg where a reception will be held following the ceremony. I understand that there will be heavy traffic due to the July 4 holiday, how long do you think it would take to drive from hotel close to Arlington back to DCA on July 4, flight leaves at 6PM. Another option would be shuttle to hotel, renting a car for the funeral purposes at an agency close to chosen hotel, and then shuttle back to airport. Anyone have any other ideas or opinions on one of these plans. THanks!
Need a little help with DC arrangements
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Richmond highlights?
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 New York, New York...
- 17 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 18 trains in Europe
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 24 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 25 Cedar Point / Put In Bay