I will be traveling mid April with my 12 yr old son for a week stay in Hillsborough NC. Looking for suggestions for day trips, places to see etc. Debating a day or 2 trip to either Outer Banks or near the coast, or Wilmington. We would love to see some mountains but I am a little wary of hiking/camping without another adult companion with me.. So Im thinking we may stick to eastern part of the state.. i dont mind alot of driving... would like to see as much of the state as we can.. we are big on wildlife/nature and culture, and my son enjoys civil war and aviation history
NC TRIP- coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 3 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 4 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 7 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Tipping advice
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 14 charleston during Christmas Week
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?