I will be traveling mid April with my 12 yr old son for a week stay in Hillsborough NC. Looking for suggestions for day trips, places to see etc. Debating a day or 2 trip to either Outer Banks or near the coast, or Wilmington. We would love to see some mountains but I am a little wary of hiking/camping without another adult companion with me.. So Im thinking we may stick to eastern part of the state.. i dont mind alot of driving... would like to see as much of the state as we can.. we are big on wildlife/nature and culture, and my son enjoys civil war and aviation history
NC TRIP- coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two airports to choose from?
- 2 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 3 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 4 Road trip itinerary
- 5 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 6 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 7 layover
- 8 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 9 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 10 best area to stay in san diego
- 11 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 12 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 13 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 14 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 15 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 20 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 21 Kayaking in Kauai
- 22 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 23 San Francisco - mid October
- 24 Burlington VT day trip
- 25 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward