Looking for some recommendations on North Carolina cities for fall break (in three weeks!). Prefer something near the mountains with some nearby trail hiking for family and possibly a quaint downtown without being too touristy. We've rented a house in Highlands, Cherokee, and Saluda in past years so just wondering if there are some towns out there I don't know of. We enjoy renting a nice cabin, cooking from home/bonfires, and taking day trips to explore surrounding areas.
NC Mountain Towns
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 2 Colorado Skiing
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Boston in winter?
- 11 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 12 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 13 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 14 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 15 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 16 charlotte
- 17 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 18 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 19 New York City in April
- 20 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 21 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 22 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 23 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 24 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 25 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)