Looking for some recommendations on North Carolina cities for fall break (in three weeks!). Prefer something near the mountains with some nearby trail hiking for family and possibly a quaint downtown without being too touristy. We've rented a house in Highlands, Cherokee, and Saluda in past years so just wondering if there are some towns out there I don't know of. We enjoy renting a nice cabin, cooking from home/bonfires, and taking day trips to explore surrounding areas.
NC Mountain Towns
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 nights in Nashville
- 2 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 One Night at Logan Airport
- 6 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 7 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 8 Four days in DC
- 9 Please help with itinerary
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 14 Backpacking in April
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Circle Oahu / luau
- 17 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 18 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 19 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 20 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 21 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 22 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 replica designer handbags
- 25 First family ski trip