We are planning our first trip to the USA in Sept / Oct this year and we are keen to spend time in the beautiful National Parks. I have searched this forum and found some good advice, and looked on the National Parks sites as well, but I am having trouble getting my head around the best way to actually structure the trip.
I guess, more specifically my questions would be...
How long should we allow for the different parks? We will be away for 6 weeks (we'll hire a car), want to see Vegas and San Francisco, and Zion, Bryce, Yelllowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. We dont want to short change the parks (ie dont want to do the Grand Canyone in a day trip from Vegas). We enjoy (shortish) hikes and are avid photographers. I know asking 'how long' is a bit hard to answer, but a rough guide would be good.
Is there a logical way to see the parks, combined with San Fran and Vegas?
Are we better off flying into a closer city, rather than driving to Yellowstone?
What is accomodation availability like mid Sept - Oct?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 2 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 3 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 4 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 5 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 6 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 8 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 9 Uber boston
- 10 What is there to do on MAUI
- 11 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 13 Any Sanibel experts?
- 14 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 15 Hawaii Help
- 16 Summer in Michigan
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 18 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 19 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 20 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 21 Rafting the Colorado
- 22 Glacier National Park
- 23 5 nights stay RMNP
- 24 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 25 New York City - Wasington February 2017