We are planning our first trip to the USA in Sept / Oct this year and we are keen to spend time in the beautiful National Parks. I have searched this forum and found some good advice, and looked on the National Parks sites as well, but I am having trouble getting my head around the best way to actually structure the trip.
I guess, more specifically my questions would be...
How long should we allow for the different parks? We will be away for 6 weeks (we'll hire a car), want to see Vegas and San Francisco, and Zion, Bryce, Yelllowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. We dont want to short change the parks (ie dont want to do the Grand Canyone in a day trip from Vegas). We enjoy (shortish) hikes and are avid photographers. I know asking 'how long' is a bit hard to answer, but a rough guide would be good.
Is there a logical way to see the parks, combined with San Fran and Vegas?
Are we better off flying into a closer city, rather than driving to Yellowstone?
What is accomodation availability like mid Sept - Oct?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 주식투자어플 공부어플추천 oninve.com
- 2 Philly Itinerary Help
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 5 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 6 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 7 Costco Travel
- 8 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 9 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 10 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 11 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 12 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 13 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 14 USA family tour
- 15 Country Walkers
- 16 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 17 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 18 BWI to Gaylord National Harbor
- 19 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 20 Sacramento Hotel
- 21 Road trip Missoula mt. to walla walla WA
- 22 4 days road trip southern New England
- 23 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 24 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 25 Which of these 3 Kona hotels