We are planning our first trip to the USA in Sept / Oct this year and we are keen to spend time in the beautiful National Parks. I have searched this forum and found some good advice, and looked on the National Parks sites as well, but I am having trouble getting my head around the best way to actually structure the trip.
I guess, more specifically my questions would be...
How long should we allow for the different parks? We will be away for 6 weeks (we'll hire a car), want to see Vegas and San Francisco, and Zion, Bryce, Yelllowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. We dont want to short change the parks (ie dont want to do the Grand Canyone in a day trip from Vegas). We enjoy (shortish) hikes and are avid photographers. I know asking 'how long' is a bit hard to answer, but a rough guide would be good.
Is there a logical way to see the parks, combined with San Fran and Vegas?
Are we better off flying into a closer city, rather than driving to Yellowstone?
What is accomodation availability like mid Sept - Oct?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Get Silky Hair with Follicle RX
- 2 Day Night Sensor Auto On & Off Switch
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 6 Oregon Coast question
- 7 Savanah GA
- 8 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 9 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 10 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 11 Florida with a 2 year old
- 12 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 13 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 14 Automatic Night Switch sensor switch
- 15 Homestay
- 16 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Tony’s Locksmith Inc
- 19 IS IT SAFE TO USE?
- 20 Colorado itinerary
- 21 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 22 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 23 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions