We are planning our first trip to the USA in Sept / Oct this year and we are keen to spend time in the beautiful National Parks. I have searched this forum and found some good advice, and looked on the National Parks sites as well, but I am having trouble getting my head around the best way to actually structure the trip.
I guess, more specifically my questions would be...
How long should we allow for the different parks? We will be away for 6 weeks (we'll hire a car), want to see Vegas and San Francisco, and Zion, Bryce, Yelllowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. We dont want to short change the parks (ie dont want to do the Grand Canyone in a day trip from Vegas). We enjoy (shortish) hikes and are avid photographers. I know asking 'how long' is a bit hard to answer, but a rough guide would be good.
Is there a logical way to see the parks, combined with San Fran and Vegas?
Are we better off flying into a closer city, rather than driving to Yellowstone?
What is accomodation availability like mid Sept - Oct?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 2 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 3 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 4 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 5 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 6 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Roadtrip July 2017
- 10 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 11 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 12 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 13 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 14 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 15 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 16 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 17 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 18 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 19 Retiring to Tucson
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 22 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 23 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 24 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 25 Utah National Parks visit