We are planning our first trip to the USA in Sept / Oct this year and we are keen to spend time in the beautiful National Parks. I have searched this forum and found some good advice, and looked on the National Parks sites as well, but I am having trouble getting my head around the best way to actually structure the trip.
I guess, more specifically my questions would be...
How long should we allow for the different parks? We will be away for 6 weeks (we'll hire a car), want to see Vegas and San Francisco, and Zion, Bryce, Yelllowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. We dont want to short change the parks (ie dont want to do the Grand Canyone in a day trip from Vegas). We enjoy (shortish) hikes and are avid photographers. I know asking 'how long' is a bit hard to answer, but a rough guide would be good.
Is there a logical way to see the parks, combined with San Fran and Vegas?
Are we better off flying into a closer city, rather than driving to Yellowstone?
What is accomodation availability like mid Sept - Oct?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 2 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 3 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 4 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 5 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 6 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 7 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 8 Depot Bay OR
- 9 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 10 A June trip to Kauai
- 11 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 12 Across the United States by Train
- 13 Phone SIM
- 14 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 15 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 16 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 17 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 18 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 19 A day in Boston
- 20 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 21 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 22 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 23 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 24 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 25 California's Central Coast