I'm planning a trip for my family for late July/Early Aug. Not sure yet if we are tenting or getting an RV, but we are considering the following sites:Craters of the Moon, Yellowstone, Badlands, Jewel Cave, Great Sand Dunes, Chimney Rock, 4 corners, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Moab, Monument Valley, Needles, Painted Desert, and Cheyenne. We have every question you might image. We're thinking of flying in and out of Salt Lake City. Good idea? We know we have too much on the list but what to cut? How many nights/days to spend in each place -- how would you lay out the 21 days? Would you finish in Yellowstone or start there and finish in Grand Canyon or Lake Powell? If we end up tenting, any recommendations about which places are best for camping and which for motels? What am I forgetting?? The voices of experience would be much appreciated as we are already late on the planning...
National Parks of the West in 21 days
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 Hotel near Public Theater
- 3 California Tour Groups?
- 4 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 5 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 6 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 7 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 8 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 9 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 13 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 14 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 17 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 23 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 24 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England