I'm planning a trip for my family for late July/Early Aug. Not sure yet if we are tenting or getting an RV, but we are considering the following sites:Craters of the Moon, Yellowstone, Badlands, Jewel Cave, Great Sand Dunes, Chimney Rock, 4 corners, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Moab, Monument Valley, Needles, Painted Desert, and Cheyenne. We have every question you might image. We're thinking of flying in and out of Salt Lake City. Good idea? We know we have too much on the list but what to cut? How many nights/days to spend in each place -- how would you lay out the 21 days? Would you finish in Yellowstone or start there and finish in Grand Canyon or Lake Powell? If we end up tenting, any recommendations about which places are best for camping and which for motels? What am I forgetting?? The voices of experience would be much appreciated as we are already late on the planning...
National Parks of the West in 21 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 6 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 9 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 10 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 13 Boston hotel & transportation
- 14 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 NBA tickets??
- 17 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 18 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 hilton capital
- 21 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Help me with creating a work of art
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions