I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/testorx/
- 2 My blood pressure should have shot through
- 3 Tips For Dumping Under Eye Bags
- 4 Crazy Mass Review - Enables fast and efficient fat Reduction
- 5 Sedona to Vegas
- 6 Broadway show tickets
- 7 Restaurants in DC
- 8 Hawk's
- 9 4th of July in Chicago
- 10 Oahu hotels
- 11 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 12 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 13 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 14 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 15 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 16 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 17 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 18 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 19 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 20 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 21 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 22 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 23 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 24 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 25 Quick trip to New Mexico