I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Nashville-- to rent a car or not?
- 1 Destin/Ft. Walton/Miramar Beach questions
- 2 Destin, Majestic Sun Condos
- 3 Majestic Sun - Destin Fl
- 4 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 5 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 6 South Haven, Michigan in the winter
- 7 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 8 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 9 SF Activities
- 10 Florida: Palm Beach to Sarasota
- 11 Vegas Shows
- 12 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 13 SFO airport changing terminals
- 14 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 15 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 16 Paso Robles, CA
- 17 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 18 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 19 Full day in Nashville
- 20 Skiing
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 23 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 24 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)
- 25 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel