I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 2 911 Museum
- 3 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 4 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 5 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 6 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 7 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 8 TSA Security Question
- 9 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 10 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 11 hotel in NYC
- 12 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 13 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 14 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 15 Austin TX restaurants
- 16 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 17 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 18 Hotel in Austin
- 19 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 20 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 21 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 22 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 23 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 24 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 25 New/Different in Kennebunkport?