I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Nashville-- to rent a car or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennebunkport and....?
- 2 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 4 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 5 SF to DR? WTH!
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Washington, DC to Boston
- 9 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 10 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 14 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 15 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 16 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 19 rain in Kauai
- 20 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 21 Kennedy Space Center
- 22 San Diego Trip Report
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 25 NYC jazz with a minor