I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Nashville-- to rent a car or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?