I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Nashville-- to rent a car or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 3 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 4 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 5 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 6 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 7 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 13 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions