I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supplementsbook.org/skinfresh-md/
- 2 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 3 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 4 Rules of the NY Subway
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 Creating something new
- 7 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 8 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 9 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 10 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 13 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 14 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 15 Las Vegas trip report
- 16 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 17 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 18 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 19 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 20 10 Days in Maine
- 21 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 22 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 23 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 24 sugestions
- 25 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.