I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 4 Roadtrip July 2017
- 5 Retiring to Tucson
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Big Sure in June
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 10 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 11 Carmel Monterey
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 13 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 16 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 17 Arches Devils Garden
- 18 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 19 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 20 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 21 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 22 best health clubs with lap pools
- 23 universal studios and disney
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 Spring Break @ Big Bend