I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Alaska
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 March in New Mexico
- 4 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 5 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 6 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Cross country tips
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Parka in PA during February?
- 15 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please