I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Starlinks - Web Design Agency New Zealand
- 2 Recent Spam Attacks
- 3 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 4 Is the power adapter plug necessary
- 5 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 6 Miami airport--safety??
- 7 US whole month of January where to
- 8 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 9 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 12 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 13 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 14 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 15 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 16 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 17 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 18 Baltimore Weekend
- 19 Dinosaur National Monument
- 20 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 21 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 22 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 23 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Things to do in Toronto