I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Nashville-- to rent a car or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Tampa in February
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 13 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 14 New England September
- 15 NYC taxi vs car service
- 16 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 17 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 18 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 19 Austin Food Trucks
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 22 searching for urban master planned community
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Condos near Disney World
- 25 family celebration trip