I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 2 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 3 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 4 San Diego VRBO area
- 5 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 6 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 7 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 8 Glacier National Park 2018
- 9 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 10 Muir Woods in October
- 11 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 12 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 13 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 14 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 15 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 16 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 17 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 18 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 19 Colorado Shows Off
- 20 New England Tour
- 21 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 22 help me plan a Cali trip
- 23 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 24 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 25 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017