I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 2 Hawaii - where?
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 5 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 6 BBQ
- 7 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 8 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 9 Anaheim - no car
- 10 First time to Alaska
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Pacific Northwest
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 Things to do in NYC
- 15 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 24 days out west
- 18 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 19 Hawaii Cruise
- 20 New York best app
- 21 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 22 New Orleans Streetcars
- 23 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 24 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 25 Shenandoah National park