I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 2 Las Vegas Vacation
- 3 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 4 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 5 moving to Florida
- 6 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 9 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 10 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 11 DC restaurant report
- 12 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 13 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 14 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 15 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 16 Northern California Redwoods
- 17 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 18 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 19 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 20 Neue Galerie
- 21 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 22 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 23 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 24 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 25 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula