I'm traveling down to Nashville with a friend for the first time in mid-August for a wedding, but are staying 2.5 extra days to explore the city. We're new york city-ers so we're very used to public transportation, and not used to driving cars in unfamiliar cities...but can easily do it.
We're staying at the Courtyard Marriott right next to Vanderbilt but don't know if we should rent a car for the entire trip, just a day, or if we can possibly get away with not renting one at all. Being used to NYC, we're fine with walking long distances..but don't want to be walking along major roads and such to see the sights.
Do most people rent a car? Are we going to miss out on major sights if we don't?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 2 South east road trip
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 6 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 7 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 8 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 9 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 10 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 11 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 12 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 13 Any Sanibel experts?
- 14 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 15 Later Winter around Mobile
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Florida keys trip
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Coffee in Boston?
- 21 Nashville Never Been
- 22 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 23 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 24 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 25 Traveling in winter