My husband and I are planning a road trip from Nashville, TN to Chicago, IL in late October. We would love some advice on what to do "off the beaten path" in the following places:
We are big fans of getting out of the touristy spots and getting into the local vibe. We love hotels and restaurants that give us the true experience of where we are staying. Don't get me wrong, you will definitely find us at the honky tonks on Broadway, etc., we just would like advice on the not so well known spots as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 2 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 3 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 4 what western states to spend the most time in
- 5 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 6 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 7 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 8 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 9 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 10 Kauai in November
- 11 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 12 Hawaii - where?
- 13 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 14 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 15 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 16 Little Compton, RI
- 17 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 18 Moab UT Accommendations
- 19 A week in NYC - first timers
- 20 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 21 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 22 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 25 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants