My husband and I are planning a road trip from Nashville, TN to Chicago, IL in late October. We would love some advice on what to do "off the beaten path" in the following places:
We are big fans of getting out of the touristy spots and getting into the local vibe. We love hotels and restaurants that give us the true experience of where we are staying. Don't get me wrong, you will definitely find us at the honky tonks on Broadway, etc., we just would like advice on the not so well known spots as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 2 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 3 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 4 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 5 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 6 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 7 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 17 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 18 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 19 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 20 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 21 Yellowstone
- 22 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 23 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 24 San Antonio shopping
- 25 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park