Searching for a cottage on Cape Cod again this summer (previous options are booked), I came across a great cottage in Nantucket. Having never been to Nantucket, I am looking for some advice. The other top option is a bayside beach cottage in Brewster. Is Nantucket a good option for kids (girl 5, boy 3)? Do I need to ferry my car over or are there other options of geting around? The cottage is in the Madaket Harbor area. How is water tempature/calmness? Are there kid friendly restaurants? Brewster seems like the safe pick with the kid friendly bayside beach and an area we are familar with and enjoy, but the cottage in Nantucket is so pictaresque and it would be nice to explore a new area. Any advice on either Nantucket or Brewster would be appreciated.
Nantucket or Brewster with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour companies
- 2 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 3 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 4 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 8 Zion to Albuquerque
- 9 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 Quick Trip to NYC
- 12 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 15 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 16 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 17 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 18 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 19 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 20 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 21 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 22 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 23 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 24 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 25 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?