Searching for a cottage on Cape Cod again this summer (previous options are booked), I came across a great cottage in Nantucket. Having never been to Nantucket, I am looking for some advice. The other top option is a bayside beach cottage in Brewster. Is Nantucket a good option for kids (girl 5, boy 3)? Do I need to ferry my car over or are there other options of geting around? The cottage is in the Madaket Harbor area. How is water tempature/calmness? Are there kid friendly restaurants? Brewster seems like the safe pick with the kid friendly bayside beach and an area we are familar with and enjoy, but the cottage in Nantucket is so pictaresque and it would be nice to explore a new area. Any advice on either Nantucket or Brewster would be appreciated.
Nantucket or Brewster with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 3 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 4 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 5 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 Family Camp in Maine
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?