Searching for a cottage on Cape Cod again this summer (previous options are booked), I came across a great cottage in Nantucket. Having never been to Nantucket, I am looking for some advice. The other top option is a bayside beach cottage in Brewster. Is Nantucket a good option for kids (girl 5, boy 3)? Do I need to ferry my car over or are there other options of geting around? The cottage is in the Madaket Harbor area. How is water tempature/calmness? Are there kid friendly restaurants? Brewster seems like the safe pick with the kid friendly bayside beach and an area we are familar with and enjoy, but the cottage in Nantucket is so pictaresque and it would be nice to explore a new area. Any advice on either Nantucket or Brewster would be appreciated.
Nantucket or Brewster with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Seattle: Something Different?
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 7 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 8 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 19 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 20 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 21 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 22 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 23 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 24 Road Tour in Usa
- 25 So you love handbags!