Searching for a cottage on Cape Cod again this summer (previous options are booked), I came across a great cottage in Nantucket. Having never been to Nantucket, I am looking for some advice. The other top option is a bayside beach cottage in Brewster. Is Nantucket a good option for kids (girl 5, boy 3)? Do I need to ferry my car over or are there other options of geting around? The cottage is in the Madaket Harbor area. How is water tempature/calmness? Are there kid friendly restaurants? Brewster seems like the safe pick with the kid friendly bayside beach and an area we are familar with and enjoy, but the cottage in Nantucket is so pictaresque and it would be nice to explore a new area. Any advice on either Nantucket or Brewster would be appreciated.
Nantucket or Brewster with kids in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 2 Connecticut River Byway
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 6 Boston
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 9 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 10 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 20 Boston/Salem with kids
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?