We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SFO black friday traffic
- 2 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 3 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 13 American Honeymoon in March
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 How to dress in Vegas
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 20 St Patrick's renovations
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 24 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 25 From Seattle airport to the city