We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 2 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 6 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 7 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 8 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 9 Hotel near Miami airport
- 10 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 11 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 14 Philly
- 15 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 16 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 17 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 18 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 19 Chicago trip
- 20 NYC IN AUGUST
- 21 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 22 culpepper
- 23 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Fancy dining