We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans pictures
- 2 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 3 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 6 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 7 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 8 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 9 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 12 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 13 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 14 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 15 san fran sightseeing
- 16 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 19 Need Help Finding the Right Spot to Ring in 2015 on the East Coast!
- 20 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 21 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 22 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 23 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 24 New Orleans
- 25 Hotel in Miami and parking ?