We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 6 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Zion to Albuquerque
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 15 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 18 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas