We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Weekend in NYC
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 8 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Washington DC in Spring?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals