We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
View all United States activity »
- 1 Watch Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Movie Online Free
- 2 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 3 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 6 Question about Boulder area
- 7 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 8 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 9 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 10 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 13 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 14 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 15 Biloxi questions again
- 16 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 17 Madison Square Garden
- 18 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 21 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 22 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 23 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple