We went to Nahiku 3 yrs. ago and had a picnic in this beautiful place and want to go back again as it was so special. Now I'm reading that people are posting KAPU signs, and I'm wondering - is this a public road or a private road? If it's a private road, then we won't go on it but if it's a public road, I don't see how the residents can stop you from going on the road. We live in an area where there are some bumpy, narrow roads and if the county doesn't fix them, it doesn't mean that we can't use them. Sometimes I feel as though some Mauian residents are a bit self-righteous with their island - of course we go there because of the beauty too! I live close to Banff Alberta and I'm sure the residents there would prefer to have less tourists too but they don't put signs up to 'keep out' - what is the difference? If we go on this (hopefully public) road - are we going to meet residents telling us to get off the road - we certainly don't want a big confrontation over this - we just want to have a quiet picnic in a beautiful place!! Is there somewhere where we can verify the status of the road? Thank you
- 1 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 2 stay near newark or nyc
- 3 Cape Ann area
- 4 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 5 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 6 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 7 Kauai golf
- 8 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 9 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 10 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 11 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 12 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 13 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 14 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 15 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 16 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 17 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 18 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 19 Minneapolis Hotel
- 20 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 21 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 22 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE