My family and I (we have a 6 year old son) are taking a trip to Myrtle soon if we can find a resort we feel comfortable going to (based on reviews tripadvisor some are kinda scary).
1. Bad reviews -- I was also told watch the photos on resorts by someone that rents condos because they are misleading, and reviews I see confirm that (some saying coach roach infested, others bed bugs, or sleeping on hard uncomfortable beds, or blood on sheets, & maid service bad, with unclean pools for kids and others!).
2. Newest best hotels recommended? - any I didn't mention? - -I was told the newest resorts are Grande Ocean Shores, Towers on the Grove, also Paradise Resort)... and these would be good choices since not been in business for long & don't need renovations with also needing to please guests since not in business as long. Anyone stayed at these?
3. Kids amenities/clean & supervised somewhat? --I was looking for kids amenities, really considering Coral Beach resort, looks fun, and even Dunes Village (until someone wrote something about bed bugs-but that could happen anywhere, because someone that stays there would bring them in ya know). It's just really more expensive, both are than we were wanting to spend. There is also the Springmaid resort - anyone stayed there?
4. Safe area & not trashy drunk or noisy teens wee hours of night?--I want to stay where there are not tons of teens or adults drunk since we will have my 6 year old, clean pools & rooms, price range hoping for $150 - $180/189 and also a safe area, not too much crazy noise at night with my son and we will be trying to get ready for next day. Also, if there are slides would like lifeguards for kids or someone actually watching to see if big kids being annoying to guests (read reviews of this where nobody that worked at resort cared about this).
Please any advice GREATLY appreciated. Also any websites to get deals would help--not just expedia, hotwire, etc, but like good vacation websites who rent resort condos or someone you have had great experience using..etc. Thanks!!!
Myrtle where to stay/kids ament., clean pools & rooms, safe, 3-4 stars
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 Balloon fest hotels
- 6 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 7 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 8 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 12 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 13 Transportation help in Philly
- 14 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 15 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 16 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 17 New York Trip
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 21 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 22 palm desert, CA
- 23 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 24 late-night DC restaurant
- 25 Philadelphia ?