My family and I (we have a 6 year old son) are taking a trip to Myrtle soon if we can find a resort we feel comfortable going to (based on reviews tripadvisor some are kinda scary).
1. Bad reviews -- I was also told watch the photos on resorts by someone that rents condos because they are misleading, and reviews I see confirm that (some saying coach roach infested, others bed bugs, or sleeping on hard uncomfortable beds, or blood on sheets, & maid service bad, with unclean pools for kids and others!).
2. Newest best hotels recommended? - any I didn't mention? - -I was told the newest resorts are Grande Ocean Shores, Towers on the Grove, also Paradise Resort)... and these would be good choices since not been in business for long & don't need renovations with also needing to please guests since not in business as long. Anyone stayed at these?
3. Kids amenities/clean & supervised somewhat? --I was looking for kids amenities, really considering Coral Beach resort, looks fun, and even Dunes Village (until someone wrote something about bed bugs-but that could happen anywhere, because someone that stays there would bring them in ya know). It's just really more expensive, both are than we were wanting to spend. There is also the Springmaid resort - anyone stayed there?
4. Safe area & not trashy drunk or noisy teens wee hours of night?--I want to stay where there are not tons of teens or adults drunk since we will have my 6 year old, clean pools & rooms, price range hoping for $150 - $180/189 and also a safe area, not too much crazy noise at night with my son and we will be trying to get ready for next day. Also, if there are slides would like lifeguards for kids or someone actually watching to see if big kids being annoying to guests (read reviews of this where nobody that worked at resort cared about this).
Please any advice GREATLY appreciated. Also any websites to get deals would help--not just expedia, hotwire, etc, but like good vacation websites who rent resort condos or someone you have had great experience using..etc. Thanks!!!
Myrtle where to stay/kids ament., clean pools & rooms, safe, 3-4 stars
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 4 Cape Cod in October
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 7 charlotte
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 13 Sonoma or napa?
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Black Hills Trip Report
- 16 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 Theater Historians
- 21 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 22 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 23 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 24 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 25 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips