I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 2 Florida Family vacation in California
- 3 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 4 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 5 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 6 Miami and New Orleans
- 7 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 8 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 14 September Road Trip in New England
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 NYC with 8 yr old
- 17 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 18 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 19 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 22 San Francisco California
- 23 Louisville in December
- 24 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 25 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?