I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementadvise.com/aviva-hair/
- 2 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/xtrcut-cleansing-enhancer/
- 3 Boston waterfront Italian
- 4 http://newhealthsupplement.com/megadrol/
- 5 http://newhealthsupplement.com/megadrol/
- 6 http://megacleanseradvice.com/vitalpeak-xt-reviews/
- 7 http://newhealthsupplement.com/megadrol/
- 8 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/alpha-fuel-testo/
- 9 http://hikehealth.com/nugenix-testosterone-booster/
- 10 http://hikehealth.com/nitro-build-plus-reviews/
- 11 Napa valley getaway
- 12 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 13 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 14 Kids Vacation Place
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 17 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Day in Spokane
- 20 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 21 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 22 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 23 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 24 Desert Southwest
- 25 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016