I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthchatboard.com/image-revive/
- 2 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 3 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 4 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 5 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 6 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 7 Staying outside DC
- 8 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 9 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 10 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 11 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 12 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 13 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 14 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 17 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 18 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 19 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 20 Road trip
- 21 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 22 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 23 Getting married to a French man
- 24 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 25 Florida beach recommendation, please