I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 2 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 3 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 4 reliable transportation across florida
- 5 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 6 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 7 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 8 Las Vegas loop
- 9 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 10 Redwood National Forest
- 11 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 12 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 13 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 14 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 15 Uber and Miami
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 18 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 19 Cape Cod
- 20 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?