I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 Travel from VT to NYC, with a stop in Boston
- 3 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 4 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 5 Ten Glorious Days in Sonoma/Napa
- 6 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 7 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 8 Seattle in early August
- 9 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 10 Antelope Canyon: Upper & Lower on same day
- 11 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 12 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 13 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 14 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 15 11 days SE coast road trip
- 16 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 17 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 18 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 19 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 20 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 21 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 22 North Carolina Triangle
- 23 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 24 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 25 What to do in Raleigh, NC?