I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 2 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 3 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 4 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 5 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 6 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 Flower Piano
- 9 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 10 Maine weather and temps
- 11 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 12 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 13 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 16 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 17 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 18 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 19 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 20 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 21 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 22 Alcatrez sold out
- 23 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 24 WA to CT
- 25 The Frugals Go To Maine