I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arlington Hotels
- 2 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 Pacific coast road trip
- 5 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 6 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 7 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 8 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 9 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 10 Cabin rental in march
- 11 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 12 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 13 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 14 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 15 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 16 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 17 chicago to hibbing
- 18 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 19 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI
- 20 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 21 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 22 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 23 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 24 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 25 San Diego