I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 2 Washington DC with kids
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 http://metabogarciniahelp.com/lmage-eye-serum/
- 5 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 6 About In-road Tours and Travels
- 7 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 8 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 9 waiting line queue management system
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 15 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 16 Alaska independent tour for group
- 17 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 18 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 19 5 days in Colorado
- 20 Trip to northern California
- 21 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 22 40th in Key West
- 23 Downtown Chicago
- 24 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 25 Alaska -public transport