I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 2 Lake Powell
- 3 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 4 Southwest US
- 5 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 6 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 7 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 8 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 9 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 10 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 11 Car Rental in Sedona
- 12 Las Vegas show
- 13 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 14 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 15 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 16 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 17 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 18 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 19 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 20 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 21 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 22 Glacier to Banff
- 23 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 24 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 25 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah