I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Teton Questuons
- 2 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 3 Your favourite places in New York City
- 4 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 5 Visiting Seattle and Vancouver, BC in August, 2016
- 6 Rules of the Subway
- 7 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 8 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 9 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 10 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 11 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 12 Grand American Road Trip!
- 13 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 14 Mini Trip Report: Vegas in June-- HOT HOT HOT
- 15 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 16 Mystic CT
- 17 Alabama trip in Dec
- 18 Las vegas +21
- 19 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 20 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 21 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 22 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 23 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 24 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 25 Orlando - condoleances