I am heading to NYC with my sister and niece (from London) next week, and have had very little time to plan – mea culpa!
I am overwhelmed, and asking for your assistance. Frankly, I could spend the entire week in the museums and art galleries, but also want to spend time with my family, who have other interests.
I can probably manage 3-4 half-days in the museums. Therefore, I have narrowed the selection down to the Metropolitan Museum, the MOMA and the Guggenheim. If you think I am missing a ‘must see’, please call it out!
I live in London, therefore have access to the British Museum, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert museums, which I visit regularly and know every corner. I have also visited museums and galleries all over Europe & elsewhere – Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul, Paris, Cairo to name just a few. We are interested in history, art, design, fashion, decorative arts and photography.
I want to get the best out of the time I spend in these museums. Can you please advise if you think I am making the best choices?
Metropolitan Museum sections (probably too much?):
- Ancient Near Eastern Art (because of recent reading on the Golden Crescent)
- Asian Art (my BIL is Chinese, so my sister and niece will appreciate this)
- Egyptian Art (its a life-long passion)
- The Robert Lehman Collection (Sister and I will enjoy the decorative aspect)
- Photographs (I am fascinated by the capture of life in the recent past)
- Architecture and Design (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- Photography (Both Sister and I will enjoy this)
- The building itself
- Highlights of the collection
- The exhibition ‘Abstraction between the wars’
Many thanks in advance of your assistance.
Best regards.... Ger
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 2 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 3 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 4 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 5 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 6 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 7 Napa Valley Weekend
- 8 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 9 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 12 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 13 Carlsbad Caverns
- 14 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 17 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 18 Returned from Sedona
- 19 50th Anniversary Trip
- 20 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 23 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 NYC with wheelchair