We've been in the midwest several years and always try to head "up north" in August for 3-4 days of R&R in a nice area. We've already been to Door County, WI and the Mackinac Island, MI area (enjoyed both!). We've never been to MN (as adults) and would like to go there with grandparents & children. Any suggestions on a lake area? A rental house or condo would be great. Bike riding, shops, some nearby entertainment would be fun, but not required. Is something like that possible around Minneapolis or south? Drive time is a bit of an issue, so that's why I'm not asking about Northern MN in this post. Thanks!
Multi-generation trip to MN in Aug.
View all United States activity »
- 1 Cheapest wireless internet services
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 6 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 14 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 15 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn