I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 2 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 3 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 4 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 5 Day in Spokane
- 6 Napa valley getaway
- 7 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 8 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 9 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 10 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 11 Desert Southwest
- 12 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 13 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 14 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 15 Boston waterfront Italian
- 16 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 Zion and Bryce in July
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis