I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 2 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 3 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 4 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 5 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 6 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 7 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 8 Mt. Rushmore/Badlands in late March?
- 9 Michigan advice needed
- 10 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 11 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 12 Pensacola Suggestions
- 13 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 14 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 15 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 16 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 17 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 18 North Carolina Coast
- 19 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 20 NYC with wheelchair
- 21 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 22 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 23 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 24 Hapuna beach, big island
- 25 myrtle beach