I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napa Valley Hotel
- 2 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 3 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 4 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 5 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 6 1st trip to Colorado
- 7 Cruise to Alaska -- how important is Glacier Bay?
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 11 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 12 Orlando - condoleances
- 13 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 14 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 15 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 16 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 17 road trip during husbands bday
- 18 Trip Starting from New York
- 19 A day in Boston
- 20 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 23 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 24 Niagara Falls.
- 25 A June trip to Kauai