I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 3 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 4 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 5 Coffee in Boston?
- 6 HAWAII; HELP!
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 9 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 10 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 11 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 12 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 13 Change planes in Atlanta
- 14 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 15 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 16 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 19 Florida beach vacation
- 20 Trip to USA in July
- 21 Beaches in Incline Village
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 23 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 24 Key West luxury hotels
- 25 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii