I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 3 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 6 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 7 Grand Canyon
- 8 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 San Francisco and Napa
- 11 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 12 Midway point
- 13 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 14 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 15 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 16 New York City
- 17 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 18 Relocating to the Deep South
- 19 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 20 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 21 Arlington funeral plans
- 22 destin resorts
- 23 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 24 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 25 Inter-island time Hawaii