I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Mt Rushmore Yellowstone and GTNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas in March
- 2 Kauai Garden tours
- 3 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 4 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 5 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 6 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 7 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 Vail, Aspen, or Park City?
- 10 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 11 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 12 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 13 Hana hotels in August
- 14 from Moab to Bryce
- 15 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 16 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 20 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 21 Berkshires
- 22 Spring Break in Charleston
- 23 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 24 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 25 Hana question