I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wailea Restaurants?
- 2 Where to stay in NYC
- 3 Hawaii Trip in May
- 4 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 5 Where to try hot-air ballooning?
- 6 Trip Report Video Washington D.C. with Kids
- 7 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 8 DC -> Boulder
- 9 Colorado - Photography
- 10 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 13 Please help with 4 day trip to Seattle and Vancouver
- 14 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 15 Haunted Attractions for Halloween
- 16 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 17 Please help with trip planning for Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
- 18 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 19 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 20 Sedona sold out!
- 21 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 22 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 23 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 24 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 25 Fall trip, is it a good time?