I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 2 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 3 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 4 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 7 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 8 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 9 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 10 Southern history- walkable cities
- 11 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 12 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 13 Seattle Ho
- 14 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 15 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 16 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 17 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 18 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 21 Seattle?
- 22 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 23 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 24 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 25 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please