Hello again. Another question about Mt Ranier. I am arriving on Labor Day weekend. I hear the parking is awful in the popular areas. We are wanting to go to Box Canyon and also Grove of the Patriachs early afternoon. Are these places impossible to park at or are the parking lots large? I'd rather not drive 45 minutes from Paradise and then not find parking. Also, we are staying at the Paradise Inn and I thought we would have a guest parking spot, but apparently they don't have enough guest parking for all the rooms so we may have to compete with the day visitors for parking. Has anyone just not been able to find a spot anywhere at Paradise? I'm being told if both lots are full I can park on the Paradise loop road if need be and walk a half mile. That's ridiculous but at least I'd get to my room eventually. My fear is to drive back to my room at Paradise in the mid afternoon after a long hike and not have anywhere to park, not even the loop road. Has anyone had this experience? It's hard to understand the logistics not having heen here before.
Mt Ranier parking questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 2 Washington DC in Spring?
- 3 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 8 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 9 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 10 New York, New York...
- 11 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 12 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 13 trains in Europe
- 14 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 15 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 16 USA trip
- 17 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 18 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 19 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 20 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 21 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 22 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 25 NBA tickets??