Hello again. Another question about Mt Ranier. I am arriving on Labor Day weekend. I hear the parking is awful in the popular areas. We are wanting to go to Box Canyon and also Grove of the Patriachs early afternoon. Are these places impossible to park at or are the parking lots large? I'd rather not drive 45 minutes from Paradise and then not find parking. Also, we are staying at the Paradise Inn and I thought we would have a guest parking spot, but apparently they don't have enough guest parking for all the rooms so we may have to compete with the day visitors for parking. Has anyone just not been able to find a spot anywhere at Paradise? I'm being told if both lots are full I can park on the Paradise loop road if need be and walk a half mile. That's ridiculous but at least I'd get to my room eventually. My fear is to drive back to my room at Paradise in the mid afternoon after a long hike and not have anywhere to park, not even the loop road. Has anyone had this experience? It's hard to understand the logistics not having heen here before.
Mt Ranier parking questions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Can Anyone Suggest which is the Best Holiday Destination with Family.?
- 2 Florida Vacation
- 3 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 4 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 5 bachelors degree
- 6 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 7 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 8 Getting to Key West
- 9 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 10 New Orleans Motel Question
- 11 Broadway Banter - Winter 2010 - 11
- 12 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 13 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 14 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 15 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 16 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 17 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 18 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 19 West Maui Restaurants
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 25 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?