We are deciding on a trip to Washington around mid-June. And are trying to decide between 3 days in Rainier or ONP.
1. Which is better in terms of weather? Some rain is okay, but we don't want to get washed out.
2. Is either of the drive from Seattle windy with switchbacks? I have motion-sickness, so would much prefer to avoid windy roads.
3. Ideally we would like to drive to the destination, stay in a clean budget hotel (having a kitchen is even better), and take either short hikes or slightly longer stroller friendly hikes (we have a toddler) from the hotel without having to drive much. Any suggestions?
This is our first visit to WA, and any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!
Mt Rainier or Olympic National Park??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC - WW2 flyover
- 2 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 3 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 4 Camping Generator!?
- 5 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 6 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 7 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 8 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 9 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 10 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 11 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 14 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 15 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 16 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 20 Things to do in La Jolla
- 21 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 22 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do