We are deciding on a trip to Washington around mid-June. And are trying to decide between 3 days in Rainier or ONP.
1. Which is better in terms of weather? Some rain is okay, but we don't want to get washed out.
2. Is either of the drive from Seattle windy with switchbacks? I have motion-sickness, so would much prefer to avoid windy roads.
3. Ideally we would like to drive to the destination, stay in a clean budget hotel (having a kitchen is even better), and take either short hikes or slightly longer stroller friendly hikes (we have a toddler) from the hotel without having to drive much. Any suggestions?
This is our first visit to WA, and any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago to Mount Rushmore...?
- 2 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 DC Metro to other sites?
- 5 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 6 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 7 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 8 Cleveland West Side Market
- 9 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 10 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 13 DC Hotel location help
- 14 Dinosaur National Monument
- 15 Eastern Seaboard
- 16 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 17 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 18 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 19 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 21 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 22 Miami airport--safety??
- 23 Zurich airport connections
- 24 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 25 Recent Spam Attacks