We are deciding on a trip to Washington around mid-June. And are trying to decide between 3 days in Rainier or ONP.
1. Which is better in terms of weather? Some rain is okay, but we don't want to get washed out.
2. Is either of the drive from Seattle windy with switchbacks? I have motion-sickness, so would much prefer to avoid windy roads.
3. Ideally we would like to drive to the destination, stay in a clean budget hotel (having a kitchen is even better), and take either short hikes or slightly longer stroller friendly hikes (we have a toddler) from the hotel without having to drive much. Any suggestions?
This is our first visit to WA, and any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 2 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 3 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 4 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 5 Big Sur Help!!
- 6 Rules of the NY Subway
- 7 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 8 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 9 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 10 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 13 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 14 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 15 Las Vegas trip report
- 16 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 17 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 18 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 19 10 Days in Maine
- 20 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 21 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 22 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 23 sugestions
- 24 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 25 Miami for 2 days