We are deciding on a trip to Washington around mid-June. And are trying to decide between 3 days in Rainier or ONP.
1. Which is better in terms of weather? Some rain is okay, but we don't want to get washed out.
2. Is either of the drive from Seattle windy with switchbacks? I have motion-sickness, so would much prefer to avoid windy roads.
3. Ideally we would like to drive to the destination, stay in a clean budget hotel (having a kitchen is even better), and take either short hikes or slightly longer stroller friendly hikes (we have a toddler) from the hotel without having to drive much. Any suggestions?
This is our first visit to WA, and any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!
Mt Rainier or Olympic National Park??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 9 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 10 new online travel network
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Universal studios/Orlando
- 16 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 19 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 20 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 25 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants