We are deciding on a trip to Washington around mid-June. And are trying to decide between 3 days in Rainier or ONP.
1. Which is better in terms of weather? Some rain is okay, but we don't want to get washed out.
2. Is either of the drive from Seattle windy with switchbacks? I have motion-sickness, so would much prefer to avoid windy roads.
3. Ideally we would like to drive to the destination, stay in a clean budget hotel (having a kitchen is even better), and take either short hikes or slightly longer stroller friendly hikes (we have a toddler) from the hotel without having to drive much. Any suggestions?
This is our first visit to WA, and any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Few Days in Asheville
- 2 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 3 Arizona in winter
- 4 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 5 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 6 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 7 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 8 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 9 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 10 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 11 DC restaurant report
- 12 national park during thanksgiving
- 13 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 14 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 15 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 16 December trip to see snow
- 17 Northern California Redwoods
- 18 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 19 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 20 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
- 21 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Last minute trip to Arizona