We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 5 Washington DC Metro
- 6 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 7 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 12 Travel West Coast
- 13 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 14 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 15 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 16 Wine Country Picnic
- 17 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 18 Road trip through the south
- 19 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 20 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 21 Myrtle Beach
- 22 Colorado in the summer!
- 23 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 24 Getting around Las Vegas
- 25 Rafting near Denali