We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Alaska railroad?
- 6 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 7 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 8 culpepper
- 9 NYC Clubs for live music
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 16 Itinerary opinions
- 17 Calgary to Banff
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 22 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 23 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 24 Our perfect day in Key West
- 25 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast