We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Richmond highlights?
- 14 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 Must Eats
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 23 Florida St George's Island
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas