We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 2 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 5 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 6 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 7 Salt Lake City
- 8 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 9 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 10 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 11 First visit in New Mexico
- 12 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 13 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 14 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 15 Beach holiday with baby
- 16 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 17 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 18 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 19 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 20 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 21 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 22 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 23 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 24 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour