We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stops from NJ to Florida?
- 2 Pearl Harbour Visit Hawaii
- 3 California
- 4 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 5 What time is it?
- 6 Oahu
- 7 Disney World Florida moderate hotel ?
- 8 Newport Restaurants
- 9 Cajun Country, first visit, late December, please help
- 10 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 11 getting around DC
- 12 Driving From NE Tennessee to NYC -- Where to Stop?
- 13 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 14 Family trip to New Orleans . . . Suggestions???
- 15 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 16 Can you see Oak Alley Plantation from the road?
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 East Coast Road Trip In Late January
- 19 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 20 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 23 Vermont trip report - photos and captions
- 24 Oregon Scenic Road Trip from Crater Lake to Portland, Oregon
- 25 Going to Grand Canyon North Rim 2 days, then Bryce (or Zion)