We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 2 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 3 Zion the narrows
- 4 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 5 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 6 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 7 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 8 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 9 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 10 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 11 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 Advice on Roadtrip
- 14 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 15 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 16 cincinnati with kids
- 17 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 20 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 21 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 24 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 25 Santa Barbara Trip Report