We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 2 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 3 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 4 new york subway help please
- 5 NYC hotel/July
- 6 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 7 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 8 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 9 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 10 NYC with my 13 year old
- 11 Las Vegas must sees
- 12 Girls' Getaway
- 13 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 14 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 15 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 16 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 17 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 20 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 21 California: Getty museum
- 22 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 23 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 24 DC - WW2 flyover
- 25 Boston to see Sargent works