We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Next Destination
- 2 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 3 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Tucson area flooding
- 9 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 10 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 11 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 12 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 13 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 14 St. Simon, Georgia
- 15 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 16 Moving to New Jersey
- 17 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 18 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 19 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 20 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 21 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 22 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 23 West Coast Road Trip
- 24 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 25 Need Minnesota leaf color reports