We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Savanah Sojourn
- 3 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 4 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Antonio
- 7 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 8 Vero Beach FL
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 11 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 12 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 13 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 14 Question about Boulder area
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 17 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 18 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 19 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 20 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 21 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 22 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 23 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 24 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 25 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon