We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 4 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 5 Hana from the aiport
- 6 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 7 from Moab to Bryce
- 8 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 11 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 12 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 13 Las Vegas in March
- 14 Kauai Garden tours
- 15 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 16 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 17 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Vail, Aspen, or Park City?
- 20 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 21 Hana hotels in August
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 24 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 25 Berkshires