We are a couple in our 60's who are moving from the Northeast to the West - Oregon or California is our goal. We have heard that Bend, Oregon or Santa Cruz, California may be the towns we should look at. We had lived in Newport Beach for many, many years but we feel we could not afford the real estate in that area now. Any Fodorites familiar with Bend or Santa Cruz to help us make our decision? Any other California towns that we should look at for proximity to the Ocean and lifestyle affordability? We are retired and look forward to many quality years in our chosen new home!
Moving West to Oregon or California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 2 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 New York Trip
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 8 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 9 Balloon fest hotels
- 10 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 11 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 12 Houston in September
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 15 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 16 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 17 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 18 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 19 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 20 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 21 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 22 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 23 Transportation help in Philly
- 24 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 25 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch