I know it's a little bit against the rules to post about non-travel-related things, but I'm hoping you all will indulge me for a moment
I found out yesterday that I will be relocating to Delaware for a new job. I will need to be near Milton and Dover, and potentially Salisbury, MD.
I've tried to do a ton of research, on this board and on other travel/relocation websites, but I'm getting really frustrated and was hoping someone familiar with the area could help. I want to live in a town/city, not out in the country, preferably near other young people with some sort of nightlife. I mean, I'm not a huge partyer, but I would like to live somewhere that has some personality and isn't just a conglomerate of strip malls. I also would LOVE to live near the ocean.
From what I've seen, Lewes would be really neat, and maybe Rehoboth also. Would these places get WAY too congested in the summer, making my commute hell? Someone also recommended Georgetown, DE to me. I haven't been able to find much information on it...is it a fun, cool little place to live? Or is it mostly an older town whose main attraction is antiquing?
Finally, what are the "beach towns" like on the coast between Dover and Milton? I used to vacation in Dewey/Rehoboth/that area, but haven't really traveled much more north up the coast.
Anyway, ANY help or leads or websites or opinions would be so, so, so appreciated. I'm looking to move down there sometime in the next 10 days, so let me know anything at all.
Thanks so much!
Moving to Southern Delaware/Delmarva
- 1 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 4 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 5 San Antonio
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Hotel near Public Theater
- 9 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 10 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 11 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 12 Oahu Information
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 21 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 22 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 Fun restaurants in New Orleans