I know it's a little bit against the rules to post about non-travel-related things, but I'm hoping you all will indulge me for a moment
I found out yesterday that I will be relocating to Delaware for a new job. I will need to be near Milton and Dover, and potentially Salisbury, MD.
I've tried to do a ton of research, on this board and on other travel/relocation websites, but I'm getting really frustrated and was hoping someone familiar with the area could help. I want to live in a town/city, not out in the country, preferably near other young people with some sort of nightlife. I mean, I'm not a huge partyer, but I would like to live somewhere that has some personality and isn't just a conglomerate of strip malls. I also would LOVE to live near the ocean.
From what I've seen, Lewes would be really neat, and maybe Rehoboth also. Would these places get WAY too congested in the summer, making my commute hell? Someone also recommended Georgetown, DE to me. I haven't been able to find much information on it...is it a fun, cool little place to live? Or is it mostly an older town whose main attraction is antiquing?
Finally, what are the "beach towns" like on the coast between Dover and Milton? I used to vacation in Dewey/Rehoboth/that area, but haven't really traveled much more north up the coast.
Anyway, ANY help or leads or websites or opinions would be so, so, so appreciated. I'm looking to move down there sometime in the next 10 days, so let me know anything at all.
Thanks so much!
Moving to Southern Delaware/Delmarva
- 1 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 2 Key West at Christmas time
- 3 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 4 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 5 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 6 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 7 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 10 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 11 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 12 Columbus food !
- 13 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 14 One day in NYC
- 15 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 16 Updates from Hanalei
- 17 Trying To Find a Place
- 18 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 19 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 20 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 21 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 22 Blue ridge parkway
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 25 Going to Dodge City, Kansas