Hi there! I'm writing this forum because I'm hoping to get back any useful advice about what I should do with my situation, which is this: I'm 22 years old, I just graduated with a BA in psychology and I want to move to Sarasota or Clearwater, FL. I'm looking for work in Psychology, so case management, youth worker, mental health; these sorts of areas. I'll be moving with my boyfriend (27) who didn't go to school, but has experience with siding and window installation, along with car dealer management. We have friends in sarasota that would let us stay for a bit to find work if we needed it. We have about 13 thousand saved and aren't scared to take the risk to move without work, but we don't want to waste all our savings. I've been looking for a job from Illinois and have had many nibbles, but no for sure interviews established. Many employers have called and have asked to set up interviews, but as soon as I respond with my availability or try to call them back, they disappear. We're highly considering just taking the risk and moving without having jobs in hopes that they'll come faster once were there. But, some first hand experience would be helpful. Anything about the Sarasota, Clearwater economy and lifestyle? Anything about work in Psychology; pay expectations or jobs I should or should not be focused on? Anything about costs of living or how much we should expect to spend on all this? Really, any information is helpful. Thank you!
Moving to Florida from Illinois, looking for work in Psychology field,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA trip
- 2 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 3 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 4 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 5 Alaskan coast travel options
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 11 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 14 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 15 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 16 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 17 How to dress in Vegas
- 18 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 19 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Air Connections on Maui
- 22 camaro hire in waikiki
- 23 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 24 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 25 Breckenridge in October