Hey, so pretty much the title says it all. I will be moving to anchorage at the end of the summer and by that time i will be 19. My boyfriend already lives up there because he is a soldier stationed at the base (JBER) I'm not here to get lectured about how young I am, etc... Because we know what we want so sorry haha. I like the heat so obviously Alaska is not my first choice but I am excited and I want to make the most of it. I would like to know about peoples experiences (preferably someone close in age) I was a collegiate athlete so i would like to look into the possibility of continuing my education (preferably community college since i will be paying out of state tuition) I will also trying to get a job as a swim instructor or lifeguard because i have loads of experience there and i swam in college. We are already looking at this one apartment in particular and i think that will be the one but it could change... so please just tell me what life is like up there( i've only gone to visit) and what the adjustment might be like (i am from colorado soooo i know what winter and heavy snow is like but i am also used to 90+ summers)
MOVING to ANCHORAGE at the end of the summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 2 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 3 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 6 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 9 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 10 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 11 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 Santa Barbara, California
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 Hotel near Miami airport
- 16 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 19 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 22 Philly
- 23 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 24 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around