I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy/sell GiftCards/Prepaid cards ! check in for list.
- 2 Uber boston
- 3 Boston Airport Hotels
- 4 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 5 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 6 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 7 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 8 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 9 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 10 Parking in Naples Florida
- 11 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 12 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 13 Colorado Itinerary
- 14 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 15 What is there to do on MAUI
- 16 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 17 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 18 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 20 Any Sanibel experts?
- 21 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 22 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 23 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 24 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 25 Hawaii Help