I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 3 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 6 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Quick Trip to NYC
- 9 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 10 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 11 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 12 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 13 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 14 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Road trip itinerary
- 17 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 18 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 24 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 25 denver to badlands