I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston/Salem with kids
- 2 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 3 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 6 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 7 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 8 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 9 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 10 Cape Cod trip report
- 11 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 12 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 15 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 16 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 21 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 22 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 23 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 24 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 25 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city