I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 2 JFK Terminal 8
- 3 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 6 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 7 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 8 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 9 AR State Parks
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 12 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 9-10 day trip to WA
- 15 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 16 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 17 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 20 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 21 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 22 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 23 Atlanta With Toddler
- 24 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 25 NYC For The Day