I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 2 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 5 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 6 planning a trip to US
- 7 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 8 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 9 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 10 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 11 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 12 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 13 Texas
- 14 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 15 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 16 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 17 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 18 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 19 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 20 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 21 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 22 10 day trip
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 Utah restaurants
- 25 Another Trip to DC for baseball!