I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bettercoloncleansingguide.com/rexburn-and-maxgain/
- 2 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 3 Desert Southwest
- 4 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 5 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 6 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 7 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 11 Boston waterfront Italian
- 12 Mardi Gras
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 15 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 21 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 22 Steamboat in August
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 25 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?