I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 4 United Nations tours
- 5 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 6 Amish
- 7 national/state park in November
- 8 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 9 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 Hilton Head restaurants
- 13 Cayo Costa State Park
- 14 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Cross Country NH to WA
- 17 Road trip October
- 18 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Road Trip
- 21 2 months in Hawaii!
- 22 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 23 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 24 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 25 San Fransisco hotel