I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best power bank for travel
- 2 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 3 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 4 http://quicksupplementfact.com/neurocet/
- 5 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 6 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 9 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 10 Las vegas +21
- 11 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 14 Nilichik Ak.
- 15 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 16 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 17 Grand Teton Questions
- 18 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 19 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 20 Grand American Road Trip!
- 21 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 22 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 23 Rules of the Subway
- 24 Grand Teton Questuons
- 25 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago