I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 4 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 5 Favorite Open Air Venues
- 6 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 7 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 8 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 9 Xmas in new york
- 10 Charleston and Asheville
- 11 Retiring to Colorado
- 12 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 13 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 14 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 15 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 16 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 18 My CA itinerary
- 19 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 20 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 21 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 22 Washington D.C. with a 5 year old!
- 23 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 24 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 25 Nashville 2016