I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 2 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 3 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 6 Road to Hana
- 7 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 8 Rental Services
- 9 Hawaii is still Hell
- 10 Orlando parks advice
- 11 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 12 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 15 Maui - Haleakala
- 16 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 18 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Vegas in mid may
- 21 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 22 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 23 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 24 Texas for art and history lovers
- 25 Albuquerque to Las Vegas