I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October