I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 2 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 3 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 4 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 5 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 6 My Maine Trip Report
- 7 Berkshires with a toddler
- 8 Vegas/California May 2016
- 9 http://newslim5forskolinhit.com/kill-shot-hack/
- 10 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 11 hilicopter tour oahu
- 12 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 13 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 14 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 15 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 16 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 17 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 18 Road trip from and back to New York
- 19 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 20 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 21 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 22 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 23 Best way to see Oahu
- 24 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 25 CA coast road trip with kids