I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Moving South. Asheville, Charlotte or Greenville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 Cape Cod in early April
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 18 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 19 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 20 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 21 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 22 Philadelphia
- 23 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 24 USA with a 3 year old
- 25 First family ski trip