I know there was a very similar post and it had great responses, so I wanted some more input here! I am also from the North, PA and the winters here are killing me and the rest of the seasons are just too short. I am originally from Maine, and there is way too much snow for me. I can handle 1-2 feet a year, that's tops though
SO the 3 places I have researches extensively are Greenville, SC, and Asheville and Charlotte, NC. Asheville reminding me the most of home with the mountains and the laid back people, and the summers are already similar to here. I would most likely live in an outskirt small town, but 30 min or so to the big city. I would like to still be able to walk to things in a small town...
SO my question is which should I look more seriously into? My husband could find work in all 3, and we are starting a young family with a toddler so far, so I'd like to be in the neighborhoods with lots of young couples (20's and 30's). Plus we have 2 dogs. But we love the outdoors-hiking-biking-swiming etc. All 3 cites have similar activities, I can't choose! THANKS
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 2 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 3 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 Sedona for a Month
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 8 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 9 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 10 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 11 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 12 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 13 5 days in Colorado
- 14 Safety Concerns
- 15 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Downtown Chicago
- 19 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 20 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 23 What to do in San Diego
- 24 Nashville
- 25 Beaches in Florida