I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 2 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 7 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 8 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 9 Tipping advice
- 10 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 11 New Orleans help please
- 12 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 13 los angeles restaurants
- 14 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 15 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 16 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 17 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 18 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 19 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 20 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 21 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 22 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 23 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 24 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 25 San Diego Girl's Trip in December