I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 2 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 3 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 4 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 5 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 6 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 7 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 8 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 9 Hotel in Reno
- 10 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 13 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 14 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Roadtrip July 2017
- 17 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 18 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 19 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 20 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 21 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 22 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 23 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 24 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 25 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks