I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 2 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 3 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 4 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 5 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 6 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 7 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 8 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 9 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 10 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 11 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 12 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 13 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 14 West Virginia
- 15 Best Hotel
- 16 Hilton Hawaiian Village
- 17 How Do You Get Around in North Carolina?
- 18 Alamo convertible
- 19 lobster rumor
- 20 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 21 Tour of Colorado and NM
- 22 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 23 seattle-portland place to stay
- 24 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 25 Moab Tenting end of Oct?