I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 2 2 months in Hawaii!
- 3 Cross Country NH to WA
- 4 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 5 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 6 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 7 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 8 best binocular for travel
- 9 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 10 3 day cruise from Boston
- 11 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 12 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 13 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 14 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 15 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 16 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 17 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 18 Seattle Hotels
- 19 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 20 Providence question
- 21 Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 23 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 24 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 25 Yosemite Visit