I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 2 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 3 Royal Kahana Maui
- 4 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 5 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 6 Road trip out west
- 7 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 8 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 9 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 10 Parking in Boston
- 11 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 12 Lake Chelan
- 13 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 14 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 15 1st trip to Colorado
- 16 Mystic CT
- 17 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 18 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 19 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 20 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 21 Las vegas +21
- 22 Your favourite places in New York City
- 23 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 24 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 25 Trip Starting from New York