I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US whole month of January where to
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Things to do in Toronto
- 4 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 5 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 6 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 8 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 9 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 10 Dinosaur National Monument
- 11 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 12 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 13 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 14 Miami airport--safety??
- 15 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 16 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 17 Maui - luau question
- 18 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 19 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 20 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 21 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 22 USA family tour
- 23 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 24 Places to stay in Skagway
- 25 Bryce and Zion planning