I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 2 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 3 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 4 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 5 911 Museum
- 6 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 7 hotel in NYC
- 8 5 Days near Denver
- 9 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 10 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 11 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 12 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 TSA Security Question
- 15 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 16 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 17 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 18 Austin TX restaurants
- 19 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 20 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 21 Hotel in Austin
- 22 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 23 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 24 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 25 HotAirBalloon Festival