I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 2 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 3 Kauai Garden tours
- 4 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 5 Small group dining in Napa area
- 6 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 7 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 8 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 9 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 10 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 11 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 12 Montana- what are must see places?
- 13 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 14 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 17 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 18 Rental Services
- 19 Safety in New Orleans
- 20 Road to Hana
- 21 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 22 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 23 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 24 Hawaii is still Hell
- 25 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway