I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville Never Been
- 2 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 3 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 4 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 7 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 8 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 9 Florida beach vacation
- 10 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 11 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 12 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 13 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 14 I95
- 15 Rafting the Colorado
- 16 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 17 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Uber boston
- 20 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 21 Florida vacation
- 22 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 23 Trip to USA in July
- 24 a short trip to san francisco
- 25 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours