I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 5 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 6 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 7 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 8 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 9 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 13 San Antonio
- 14 Vero Beach FL
- 15 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 16 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 17 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 20 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 21 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 22 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 23 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 24 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 25 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!