I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 2 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 3 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 4 hilicopter tour oahu
- 5 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 6 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 7 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 8 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 9 Best way to see Oahu
- 10 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 11 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 12 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 13 CA coast road trip with kids
- 14 Berkshires with a toddler
- 15 Vegas/California May 2016
- 16 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 17 Minnesota to Colorado
- 18 Pittsburgh Trip
- 19 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 20 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
- 21 Best centrally located hotel to see Santa Monica and Universal Studios?
- 22 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 23 Road trip from and back to New York
- 24 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 25 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States