I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work