I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 2 getting around DC
- 3 Looking for US issuing travel agent for partnership
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 6 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Metro Card Options
- 9 Oahu
- 10 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 11 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 12 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 13 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 14 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 15 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 16 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 19 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 20 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 21 Newport Restaurants
- 22 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 23 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 24 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 25 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old