I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 Trip to northern California
- 3 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 4 5 days in Colorado
- 5 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 6 Washington DC with kids
- 7 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 8 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 9 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 10 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 15 Sedona for a Month
- 16 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 17 Alaska -public transport
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 20 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Southwest road trip
- 23 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter