I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Apartment Rentals DC
- 3 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 6 Zion to Albuquerque
- 7 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 8 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 11 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Round trip from Chicago
- 14 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 15 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 16 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 17 Tour companies
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Quick Trip to NYC
- 22 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 23 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 24 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?