I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Washington DC Metro
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 15 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 Alaska cruise and land
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Autumn stay on Cape Cod