I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 2 Pacific coast road trip
- 3 Maine
- 4 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 5 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 6 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 7 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 8 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 9 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 12 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 14 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 15 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 16 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 17 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 18 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 19 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 20 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 21 Austin with Kids
- 22 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 23 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 24 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 25 Areas to Stay in Boston