I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 4 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 5 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 8 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 9 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 14 Skagway
- 15 Retiring in NM?
- 16 Chicago to Charleston
- 17 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 20 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Honeymoon out west.
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Utah National Parks visit