I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 7 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 8 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 9 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 10 los angeles restaurants
- 11 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 12 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 13 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Calf trip
- 16 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 17 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 18 West Maui Restaurants
- 19 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 20 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 21 Key West Hotel in January
- 22 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around