I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 2 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 3 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 4 I40 East in November
- 5 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 7 Grand Canyon to LA
- 8 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 9 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 12 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 13 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 14 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 15 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 16 Overnight parking in San Francisco
- 17 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 18 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 19 Where to stay in NYC
- 20 Death Valley
- 21 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 22 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 23 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 24 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 25 Nashville 2016