I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with limited time
- 2 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 3 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 4 Cape cod Labor Day
- 5 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 6 Grand Teton Questions
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 10 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 11 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 12 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 13 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 14 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 15 Steamboat in August
- 16 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 19 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 20 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 21 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 22 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 23 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 24 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 25 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco