I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Yellowstone
- 2 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 3 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 4 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 5 USA Round trip 2018
- 6 New Orleans Hotels
- 7 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 8 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 9 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 10 Hilton Head
- 11 Best beach destination with kids in August?
- 12 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 13 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 16 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 17 DC - WW2 flyover
- 18 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 19 Fun stop between Virginia Beach and Wintergreen
- 20 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 21 Savannah visit
- 22 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 23 Camping in the Black Hills
- 24 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 25 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc