I will shortly be moving from (sunny) South Florida to Wisconsin, for job purposes.
The job itself is in the Pewaukee/Waukesha area, and I would like to stay close by (around 5 miles, rent not own).
I have a few questions:
1)What is life like in Waukesha ? I know this is a broad question, but an answer for Florida would be: "life is about swimming, tennis, beaches, malls, hot summers, great winters, generally unfriendly people".
2)Is there any advantage to living in Milwaukee proper rather than in Waukesha ?
3)What is the cost of living like ? On average how much would a family of 2 adults spend on groceries per week ?
4)How scared do I need to be of the Wisconsin winters ? I have always lived in Florida, and have never seen snow.
Moving from Florida to Wisconsin, any tips ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 3 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 Question about Miami travel
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 14 Locker at JFK
- 15 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 20 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 21 Key Largo, FL
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 25 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help