We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water,warmth and sunshine, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 2 Seattle: Something Different?
- 3 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 4 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 5 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 6 ONP help
- 7 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 8 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 9 California road trip
- 10 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 11 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 14 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 15 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 16 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 17 Road Tour in Usa
- 18 So you love handbags!
- 19 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 20 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 21 replica designer handbags
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 24 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 25 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign