We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water,warmth and sunshine, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Wine Country Picnic
- 5 Washington DC Metro
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 Road trip through the south
- 9 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 10 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 Myrtle Beach
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Colorado in the summer!
- 15 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 16 Getting around Las Vegas
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Rafting near Denali
- 20 Where to go in Maine?
- 21 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 22 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 Kennebunkport and....?