We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water,warmth and sunshine, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Denver in a half day
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle