New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 palm desert, CA
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 late-night DC restaurant
- 4 New York Trip
- 5 Balloon fest hotels
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Philadelphia ?
- 8 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 9 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 10 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 13 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 14 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 15 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 18 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 19 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 20 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 21 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 22 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 23 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 24 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 25 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?