New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 Oahu Information
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 One day in Washington DC
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Key West on NYE
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 22 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 23 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?