New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
- 1 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 2 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 3 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 4 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 5 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 6 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 7 Using public transit in San Diego
- 8 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 9 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 10 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 11 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 12 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 13 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 14 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 15 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 16 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 D.C. in a day
- 19 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 20 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 21 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 22 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 23 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 24 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 25 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?