New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
- 1 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 2 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 3 Biloxi questions again
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 6 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 7 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 8 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 9 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 10 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 11 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 12 San Antonio
- 13 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 14 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 15 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 16 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 17 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 18 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 19 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 20 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 21 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 22 Vero Beach FL
- 23 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 24 Question about Boulder area
- 25 Camping near Vail, Colorado