New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Universal studios/Orlando
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Wedding venue in NH
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 18 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 19 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 20 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 24 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 25 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?