New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Broadway this week
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 New York, New York...
- 14 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 15 trains in Europe
- 16 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 17 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 20 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 21 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 22 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???