New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 2 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 3 taking home sand
- 4 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 6 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 7 Champaigne, Illinois
- 8 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 9 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 10 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 11 Farewell from Ira
- 12 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 13 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 14 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 15 Back From Alaska
- 16 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 17 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 18 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 19 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 20 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 21 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 22 orlando need a car?
- 23 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 24 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 25 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston