New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 3 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 4 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 5 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 6 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 7 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 8 Portland, OR hotel question
- 9 middlebury vt snow
- 10 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 11 san diego or nearby area
- 12 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 13 Texas
- 14 Los Angeles day trips
- 15 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 16 Self guided White House tour
- 17 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 18 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 21 Northwest USA
- 22 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 23 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 24 LA for a day and a half
- 25 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix