New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Garage Door Repair Bluffdale
- 2 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 3 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 4 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 5 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 6 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 7 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 8 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 9 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 10 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 11 colter cabin or Signal mountain lodge
- 12 questions on hiking in Arches NP
- 13 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 14 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 15 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 16 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 17 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 18 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 19 Study in America
- 20 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 21 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 22 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 23 Florida Family vacation in California
- 24 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 25 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?