New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC restaurant report
- 2 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 3 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 4 Neue Galerie
- 5 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 6 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 7 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 12 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 13 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 14 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 15 Arizona in late January
- 16 A Few Days in Asheville
- 17 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 18 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 19 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge