New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 7 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 8 Miami Marlins
- 9 Florida or caribbean
- 10 Cross Country RV Trip
- 11 California
- 12 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 13 Northern California in February
- 14 New England September
- 15 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Universal Orlando
- 20 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 21 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 22 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 25 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination