New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park in Early December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 7 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 12 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 Lunch with little girls UWS?