We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Our perfect day in Key West
- 5 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 6 culpepper
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 9 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 10 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 17 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 18 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 21 Mesa Verde
- 22 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 23 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 24 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip