We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 2 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 3 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Oregon Road Trip
- 7 Tucson area flooding
- 8 Long Island Advice
- 9 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 10 Christmas in TX
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 15 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 16 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 17 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 18 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 19 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 20 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 21 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 22 Boston suggestions
- 23 California
- 24 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 25 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion