We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 2 New York City-New Things?
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 7 las vegas cabana reservations
- 8 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 11 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 12 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 13 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 new york subway help please
- 17 Boston to see Sargent works
- 18 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 19 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 20 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 21 Moving out of states from Florida
- 22 Atlanta to LA
- 23 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 24 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 25 Things to do in La Jolla