We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 2 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 3 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 4 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 5 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 6 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 7 Ackislander
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 10 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 11 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 12 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 13 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 14 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 15 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 16 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 17 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 18 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 19 Cross Country RV Trip
- 20 Hotels Philly
- 21 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 22 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 23 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 24 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 25 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break