We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 Alaska- Best tours
- 3 Things to do around New York
- 4 Cape cod and Acadia
- 5 Coronado Ferry
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 First visit in New Mexico
- 8 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 9 Grand Marais?
- 10 Daytona Beach and ??
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 02 June 2015 (Purnima)
- 14 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 15 Hotels near beach orange county
- 16 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 17 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 18 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 19 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 20 Colorado trip in early May
- 21 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 22 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 23 Seattle hotels
- 24 Seattle in April
- 25 Seattle Visit April