We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 2 California coast: April
- 3 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 4 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 5 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 6 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 Whale watching
- 11 New York Yankee Station
- 12 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 13 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 15 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 16 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 17 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 18 September trip to Michigan
- 19 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 20 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 23 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 24 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 25 Stubhub and NFL Tickets