We made it to Summit Lake in 2008, but unfortuately it was the day after Labor Day and they had just closed the road to the top. We will be going back the 16th of Jul to hopefully make it all the way to the top. This is a beautiful drive and I've always regreated not making the final drive. I noticed on the Scentic Drive web site, that the road was closed to traffic for the whole season last year. Were they repaving the whole drive or just making major repairs to sections of the drive? It was or is a very wavy drive as you ge t nearer to Summit Lake. Would be nice if they have flatten the section out. Thanks
Mount Evans Scenic Hwy
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How To Looks Fine
- 2 Vegas in mid may
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 5 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 6 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 from Moab to Bryce
- 9 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 10 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 15 Hana from the aiport
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 21 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 22 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 23 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 24 San Diego-Hotel
- 25 Los Angeles day trips