I am a single mother of a special needs child looking to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area. I am wanting to know what their public school system is like especially their special ed programs and the high achievers programs. I am also wondering what the cost of living is like there compared to other cities of its size. Such as rent as I am not looking to buy right away. I would be coming from Nebraska. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the employment rate there in the city. I have a paralegal degree, experience in the trucking industry and also hold NE certificates for CNA and Medaid. Any information that would be useful for me would greatly be appreciated. Where I am at in Nebraska the public school system has nothing to offer, the city is stagnant in job openings, pay scale is very low, has nothing to offer as far as entertainment and outdoor recreation. Charlottesville looks like a nice community with much to offer???
Mother looking to relocate to Charlottesville, VA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 5 Florida St George's Island
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 17 New York Food Tours
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 23 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 24 Looking for Next Destination
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown