I am a single mother of a special needs child looking to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area. I am wanting to know what their public school system is like especially their special ed programs and the high achievers programs. I am also wondering what the cost of living is like there compared to other cities of its size. Such as rent as I am not looking to buy right away. I would be coming from Nebraska. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the employment rate there in the city. I have a paralegal degree, experience in the trucking industry and also hold NE certificates for CNA and Medaid. Any information that would be useful for me would greatly be appreciated. Where I am at in Nebraska the public school system has nothing to offer, the city is stagnant in job openings, pay scale is very low, has nothing to offer as far as entertainment and outdoor recreation. Charlottesville looks like a nice community with much to offer???
Mother looking to relocate to Charlottesville, VA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 3 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 6 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 8 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 12 Chicago Questions
- 13 Air Connections on Maui
- 14 camaro hire in waikiki
- 15 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 16 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 21 Orlando for Work
- 22 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 25 NBA tickets??