I am a single mother of a special needs child looking to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area. I am wanting to know what their public school system is like especially their special ed programs and the high achievers programs. I am also wondering what the cost of living is like there compared to other cities of its size. Such as rent as I am not looking to buy right away. I would be coming from Nebraska. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the employment rate there in the city. I have a paralegal degree, experience in the trucking industry and also hold NE certificates for CNA and Medaid. Any information that would be useful for me would greatly be appreciated. Where I am at in Nebraska the public school system has nothing to offer, the city is stagnant in job openings, pay scale is very low, has nothing to offer as far as entertainment and outdoor recreation. Charlottesville looks like a nice community with much to offer???
Mother looking to relocate to Charlottesville, VA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 4 Day trip to Hudson Valley from NYC?
- 5 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 6 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 7 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 8 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 9 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 10 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 11 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 12 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 14 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 15 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 16 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 We are flying into Phoenix in November
- 20 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 21 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 22 Advice on Roadtrip
- 23 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 24 Zion the narrows
- 25 Where to eat in & around San Diego