I am a single mother of a special needs child looking to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area. I am wanting to know what their public school system is like especially their special ed programs and the high achievers programs. I am also wondering what the cost of living is like there compared to other cities of its size. Such as rent as I am not looking to buy right away. I would be coming from Nebraska. Also if anyone has any knowledge of the employment rate there in the city. I have a paralegal degree, experience in the trucking industry and also hold NE certificates for CNA and Medaid. Any information that would be useful for me would greatly be appreciated. Where I am at in Nebraska the public school system has nothing to offer, the city is stagnant in job openings, pay scale is very low, has nothing to offer as far as entertainment and outdoor recreation. Charlottesville looks like a nice community with much to offer???
Mother looking to relocate to Charlottesville, VA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 4 Philly
- 5 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 8 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 9 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 10 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 13 Chicago trip
- 14 NYC IN AUGUST
- 15 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 16 culpepper
- 17 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 Fancy dining
- 20 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 21 Will have five days in Savannah
- 22 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 23 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 24 Itinerary opinions
- 25 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson