I think I asked about the Maine coast and about CT already. So, it looks like we'll have 4 days to tool around, and have never been in Vermont or New Hampshire, other than to the ski areas, and once to Bennington for breakfast. We'll be starting out in New Haven -- we'd love to explore cute little towns (again, using California as an example, places like Carmel/Cambria/LaJolla/Coronado). We also love beautiful scenery (driving through Maine to Quebec one year - spectacular; Lake Tahoe - a favorite). Being near the ocean would be good but not imperative (since we live in the SF Bay Area -- and I can look out at the bay from my office!). We will leave New Haven probably Monday morning and have to return Thursday night. Your thoughts?
More cute little towns questions - VT or NH
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 united and carry-ons
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 9 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 13 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 16 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 17 Philadelphia
- 18 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 19 USA with a 3 year old
- 20 First family ski trip
- 21 NYC theatre broadway
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Universal studios/Orlando
- 24 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.