I think I asked about the Maine coast and about CT already. So, it looks like we'll have 4 days to tool around, and have never been in Vermont or New Hampshire, other than to the ski areas, and once to Bennington for breakfast. We'll be starting out in New Haven -- we'd love to explore cute little towns (again, using California as an example, places like Carmel/Cambria/LaJolla/Coronado). We also love beautiful scenery (driving through Maine to Quebec one year - spectacular; Lake Tahoe - a favorite). Being near the ocean would be good but not imperative (since we live in the SF Bay Area -- and I can look out at the bay from my office!). We will leave New Haven probably Monday morning and have to return Thursday night. Your thoughts?
More cute little towns questions - VT or NH
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 5 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 6 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 9 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 10 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 11 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 12 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 15 St. Augustine, Florida
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 San Antonio
- 18 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 Where should I move to?
- 21 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 22 Fripp island
- 23 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip