I think I asked about the Maine coast and about CT already. So, it looks like we'll have 4 days to tool around, and have never been in Vermont or New Hampshire, other than to the ski areas, and once to Bennington for breakfast. We'll be starting out in New Haven -- we'd love to explore cute little towns (again, using California as an example, places like Carmel/Cambria/LaJolla/Coronado). We also love beautiful scenery (driving through Maine to Quebec one year - spectacular; Lake Tahoe - a favorite). Being near the ocean would be good but not imperative (since we live in the SF Bay Area -- and I can look out at the bay from my office!). We will leave New Haven probably Monday morning and have to return Thursday night. Your thoughts?
More cute little towns questions - VT or NH
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Myrtle Beach
- 6 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Colorado in the summer!
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 15 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 25 Road trip through the south