Hello, My DH and I are planning a trip to California in September with three friends from Australia. We are seniors, and somewhat timid drivers. We have a 7 day bus tour planned, beginning and ending in San Francisco. However, it does not include Hearst Castle which we would all like to see. We thought we would ditch the bus tour in Monterrey, the last day of the tour, rent a car and drive to Hearst Castle and then drive back to San Francisco. However, a lot of reviews have mentioned that although it is a gorgeous drive, it is a bit treacherous. One review mentioned driving along the edge of the cliff! We don't mind winding roads, but not too keen on high narrow bridges or cliff edges!! Our guests are the same age as we are, and also accustomed to driving on the left side of the road so no help there. Just how scary is this road?
Monterrey to Hearst Castle, timid drivers?
- 1 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 2 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 3 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 4 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 5 6 nights go in a blink of an eye! A quick trip to Waikiki
- 6 Disneyworld Stay January 2014
- 7 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 8 Priceline, WARNING
- 9 Less commercial beach?
- 10 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 11 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 12 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 13 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 14 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 15 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 16 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 17 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 18 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 19 stay near newark or nyc
- 20 New York City Parking
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 25 Washington Wineries