Hello, My DH and I are planning a trip to California in September with three friends from Australia. We are seniors, and somewhat timid drivers. We have a 7 day bus tour planned, beginning and ending in San Francisco. However, it does not include Hearst Castle which we would all like to see. We thought we would ditch the bus tour in Monterrey, the last day of the tour, rent a car and drive to Hearst Castle and then drive back to San Francisco. However, a lot of reviews have mentioned that although it is a gorgeous drive, it is a bit treacherous. One review mentioned driving along the edge of the cliff! We don't mind winding roads, but not too keen on high narrow bridges or cliff edges!! Our guests are the same age as we are, and also accustomed to driving on the left side of the road so no help there. Just how scary is this road?
Monterrey to Hearst Castle, timid drivers?
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 3 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 4 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 5 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 American Airlines reservation question
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 14 Car trip from Seattle
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 17 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 18 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 19 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 20 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 21 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 22 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 23 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 24 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 25 Rocks and Roads in Utah