Hello, My DH and I are planning a trip to California in September with three friends from Australia. We are seniors, and somewhat timid drivers. We have a 7 day bus tour planned, beginning and ending in San Francisco. However, it does not include Hearst Castle which we would all like to see. We thought we would ditch the bus tour in Monterrey, the last day of the tour, rent a car and drive to Hearst Castle and then drive back to San Francisco. However, a lot of reviews have mentioned that although it is a gorgeous drive, it is a bit treacherous. One review mentioned driving along the edge of the cliff! We don't mind winding roads, but not too keen on high narrow bridges or cliff edges!! Our guests are the same age as we are, and also accustomed to driving on the left side of the road so no help there. Just how scary is this road?
Monterrey to Hearst Castle, timid drivers?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 6 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 7 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 8 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 11 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 12 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 13 Rockport, MA dining?
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 18 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE