Hello, My DH and I are planning a trip to California in September with three friends from Australia. We are seniors, and somewhat timid drivers. We have a 7 day bus tour planned, beginning and ending in San Francisco. However, it does not include Hearst Castle which we would all like to see. We thought we would ditch the bus tour in Monterrey, the last day of the tour, rent a car and drive to Hearst Castle and then drive back to San Francisco. However, a lot of reviews have mentioned that although it is a gorgeous drive, it is a bit treacherous. One review mentioned driving along the edge of the cliff! We don't mind winding roads, but not too keen on high narrow bridges or cliff edges!! Our guests are the same age as we are, and also accustomed to driving on the left side of the road so no help there. Just how scary is this road?
Monterrey to Hearst Castle, timid drivers?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 14 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 15 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State