We have visited Moab a couple of times, arriving from and leaving toward the north. This time we are considering taking route 191 south to route 46 east through La Sal to Bedrock, CO, continuing on route 50 through Naturita to Placerville, Ridgway and on to Ouray. Should we expect most of the western part of that route to be desert? Are there sufficient gas stations, restaurants along that route? Is the road well traveled or mostly deserted? Are there any caveats about dangers along the way? Are we correct that the route is mostly flat terrain until we get to Ridgway? We will be grateful for all advice.
Moab, Utah to Ouray, CO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 8 California & French Polynesia
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 13 SFO black friday traffic
- 14 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 15 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 16 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 19 Dining in Manhattan
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 American Honeymoon in March
- 22 How to dress in Vegas
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?