We have visited Moab a couple of times, arriving from and leaving toward the north. This time we are considering taking route 191 south to route 46 east through La Sal to Bedrock, CO, continuing on route 50 through Naturita to Placerville, Ridgway and on to Ouray. Should we expect most of the western part of that route to be desert? Are there sufficient gas stations, restaurants along that route? Is the road well traveled or mostly deserted? Are there any caveats about dangers along the way? Are we correct that the route is mostly flat terrain until we get to Ridgway? We will be grateful for all advice.
Moab to Ouray, CO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 2 Where to from Tampa?
- 3 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 4 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 5 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 6 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 9 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 11 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 12 Skiing New Mexico
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 19 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 20 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 22 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 23 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 24 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 25 Is the New York subway safe?