Please excuse my intrusion. I am planning a trip in January and would like some information about the feasibility of the following route:
1/23/2012: Minneapolis, MN to Miles City, MT (695 mi, 10.8 hours at 65 mph)
1/24/2012: Miles City, MT to Spokane, WA (684 mi, 10.75 hours at 65 mph)
There will be three drivers, all of whom have experience driving in inclement weather in Massachusetts but are unfamiliar with driving in North Dakota and Montana. My questions are as follows:
1. Given the weather conditions toward the end of January in North Dakota and Montana, how likely is it that inclement weather will result in portions of I-94/I-90 being closed or will necessitate driving at reduced speed on the above route, and for which portions of the route are these possibilities more likely?
2. Given the weather conditions toward the end of January in North Dakota and Montana, what are reasonable time estimates for each portion of the above route in the best case, average case, and worst case? To state the obvious, no one can predict the future, but I would appreciate advice from those with experience.
3. Other than using the appropriate tires and paying close attention to road condition reports from the Department of Transportation in each state, does anyone have any other advice regarding the above route?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 오리지날릴게임손오공 ▶ 홈피:≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 3 Sonoma
- 4 Northwest Passage
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 10 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 15 101 closure
- 16 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 17 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 18 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 25 New Orleans
Minneapolis to Spokane in late January: What should I expect?