Please excuse my intrusion. I am planning a trip in January and would like some information about the feasibility of the following route:
1/23/2012: Minneapolis, MN to Miles City, MT (695 mi, 10.8 hours at 65 mph)
1/24/2012: Miles City, MT to Spokane, WA (684 mi, 10.75 hours at 65 mph)
There will be three drivers, all of whom have experience driving in inclement weather in Massachusetts but are unfamiliar with driving in North Dakota and Montana. My questions are as follows:
1. Given the weather conditions toward the end of January in North Dakota and Montana, how likely is it that inclement weather will result in portions of I-94/I-90 being closed or will necessitate driving at reduced speed on the above route, and for which portions of the route are these possibilities more likely?
2. Given the weather conditions toward the end of January in North Dakota and Montana, what are reasonable time estimates for each portion of the above route in the best case, average case, and worst case? To state the obvious, no one can predict the future, but I would appreciate advice from those with experience.
3. Other than using the appropriate tires and paying close attention to road condition reports from the Department of Transportation in each state, does anyone have any other advice regarding the above route?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ecassoc
- 2 Trip Starting from New York
- 3 A day in Boston
- 4 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 5 http://www.bulkcrazymass.com/maxtropin-reviews
- 6 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/seredyn/
- 7 Your favourite places in New York City
- 8 http://www.menshealthsupplement.info/vitalmax-xt/
- 9 Wristbands
- 10 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 11 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 12 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 13 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/xtrasize-male-enhancement/
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 18 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 19 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 20 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 21 Niagara Falls.
- 22 A June trip to Kauai
- 23 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 24 road trip during husbands bday
- 25 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
Minneapolis to Spokane in late January: What should I expect?