First time to MPLS/St. Paul. We are a family of 4 (kids aged 1.5 and 5). We like to stay in downtown areas where we can walk around, shop and eat. Is the Nicollet Mall reasonably hip and interesting? One post I read indicated it was in decline. We aren't all that hip anymore, but we like to be in the center of things. Is the Embassy Suites downtown within safe walking distance from the entertainment/restaurant/pedestrian areas? (I can see it is a few blocks away and that can mean a lot of things in different cities). If not, what hotel would you recommend (perhaps 100-150ish/night)? Or would you recommend a different area entirely? Thanks!
View all United States activity »
- 1 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 2 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Question about Boulder area
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 7 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 8 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 9 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 10 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?