I am booking a ticket for my Dad from Moscow (Russia) to Chicago (USA). He doesn't speak English. There are no direct flights but I found a fairly priced ticket for a Delta flight with one stop at JFK. Below are some details:
Moscow - JFK - 4h55m layover - ORD
ORD - JFK - 58m layover - Moscow.
I am not worried about the first flight, 5 hours should be enough to go through immigration and find the flight to ORD. Now I am really worried about the 58-minute layover between the JFK to Moscow flight. Do you know if that is even realistic given that it will take him extra time to figure things out with no English? Also, I would think that one has to go through immigration when entering the US, not leaving but I am not sure.
Thanks in advance for any help
Minimum layover at JFK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 9 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 10 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 11 New York, New York...
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 14 trains in Europe
- 15 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 16 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 19 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 20 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 21 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 22 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 23 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 24 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 25 Packer game hotel on the bus line.