I am booking a ticket for my Dad from Moscow (Russia) to Chicago (USA). He doesn't speak English. There are no direct flights but I found a fairly priced ticket for a Delta flight with one stop at JFK. Below are some details:
Moscow - JFK - 4h55m layover - ORD
ORD - JFK - 58m layover - Moscow.
I am not worried about the first flight, 5 hours should be enough to go through immigration and find the flight to ORD. Now I am really worried about the 58-minute layover between the JFK to Moscow flight. Do you know if that is even realistic given that it will take him extra time to figure things out with no English? Also, I would think that one has to go through immigration when entering the US, not leaving but I am not sure.
Thanks in advance for any help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 2 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 3 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Neue Galerie
- 7 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 8 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 9 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 12 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 13 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 14 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 15 Arizona in late January
- 16 A Few Days in Asheville
- 17 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 18 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 19 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge