I am booking a ticket for my Dad from Moscow (Russia) to Chicago (USA). He doesn't speak English. There are no direct flights but I found a fairly priced ticket for a Delta flight with one stop at JFK. Below are some details:
Moscow - JFK - 4h55m layover - ORD
ORD - JFK - 58m layover - Moscow.
I am not worried about the first flight, 5 hours should be enough to go through immigration and find the flight to ORD. Now I am really worried about the 58-minute layover between the JFK to Moscow flight. Do you know if that is even realistic given that it will take him extra time to figure things out with no English? Also, I would think that one has to go through immigration when entering the US, not leaving but I am not sure.
Thanks in advance for any help
Minimum layover at JFK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston/Fenway park
- 2 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 3 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 4 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 5 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 6 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 7 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 8 Atlanta with kids
- 9 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 10 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 11 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 12 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 13 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 20 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 21 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 22 Family Camp in Maine
- 23 San Diego
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 2 Days in Portland - Best of?