I am looking for a place in the Midwest for a family reunion. The family will be coming from all over the country, so a destination less than 3 hours from a major airport is needed. Thinking more like Wisconsin or Illinois this year, but are open to ideas. There will be up to 35 people who would attend, ages birth to 70 years old. Looking for a wide range of activities to be available, such as swimming, golf, hiking/biking, shopping, etc. My family has this reunion about every 4 years, we plan to be together for a week, typically towards the end of August. In the past we have been to Sunriver, OR; Asheville, NC; Colorado. We prefer cabins/townhomes/vacation homes, and not hotels. We like to have dinners together at night and play games/cards. During the day we typically will split up, as we have some extreme hikers, some golfers, and people who like to dabble in lighter activities. I have been trying to find information on-line, but have started to feel overwhelmed with the whole research process. Originally wanted to do Maine or Vermont, but we have people who won't go to the east coast. Trying to be centrally located this time. We don't want to go to Door County, too busy and expensive in the summer. Anyone have ideas for the midwest area? Thank you!!
Midwest family reunion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 5 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 8 Boston area -- nature
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 14 California & French Polynesia
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March