I am looking for a place in the Midwest for a family reunion. The family will be coming from all over the country, so a destination less than 3 hours from a major airport is needed. Thinking more like Wisconsin or Illinois this year, but are open to ideas. There will be up to 35 people who would attend, ages birth to 70 years old. Looking for a wide range of activities to be available, such as swimming, golf, hiking/biking, shopping, etc. My family has this reunion about every 4 years, we plan to be together for a week, typically towards the end of August. In the past we have been to Sunriver, OR; Asheville, NC; Colorado. We prefer cabins/townhomes/vacation homes, and not hotels. We like to have dinners together at night and play games/cards. During the day we typically will split up, as we have some extreme hikers, some golfers, and people who like to dabble in lighter activities. I have been trying to find information on-line, but have started to feel overwhelmed with the whole research process. Originally wanted to do Maine or Vermont, but we have people who won't go to the east coast. Trying to be centrally located this time. We don't want to go to Door County, too busy and expensive in the summer. Anyone have ideas for the midwest area? Thank you!!
Midwest family reunion
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Madison Square Garden
- 6 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 7 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 8 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 9 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 Biloxi questions again
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 23 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Sedona to Palm Springs