I am looking for a place in the Midwest for a family reunion. The family will be coming from all over the country, so a destination less than 3 hours from a major airport is needed. Thinking more like Wisconsin or Illinois this year, but are open to ideas. There will be up to 35 people who would attend, ages birth to 70 years old. Looking for a wide range of activities to be available, such as swimming, golf, hiking/biking, shopping, etc. My family has this reunion about every 4 years, we plan to be together for a week, typically towards the end of August. In the past we have been to Sunriver, OR; Asheville, NC; Colorado. We prefer cabins/townhomes/vacation homes, and not hotels. We like to have dinners together at night and play games/cards. During the day we typically will split up, as we have some extreme hikers, some golfers, and people who like to dabble in lighter activities. I have been trying to find information on-line, but have started to feel overwhelmed with the whole research process. Originally wanted to do Maine or Vermont, but we have people who won't go to the east coast. Trying to be centrally located this time. We don't want to go to Door County, too busy and expensive in the summer. Anyone have ideas for the midwest area? Thank you!!
Midwest family reunion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle