I am looking for a place in the Midwest for a family reunion. The family will be coming from all over the country, so a destination less than 3 hours from a major airport is needed. Thinking more like Wisconsin or Illinois this year, but are open to ideas. There will be up to 35 people who would attend, ages birth to 70 years old. Looking for a wide range of activities to be available, such as swimming, golf, hiking/biking, shopping, etc. My family has this reunion about every 4 years, we plan to be together for a week, typically towards the end of August. In the past we have been to Sunriver, OR; Asheville, NC; Colorado. We prefer cabins/townhomes/vacation homes, and not hotels. We like to have dinners together at night and play games/cards. During the day we typically will split up, as we have some extreme hikers, some golfers, and people who like to dabble in lighter activities. I have been trying to find information on-line, but have started to feel overwhelmed with the whole research process. Originally wanted to do Maine or Vermont, but we have people who won't go to the east coast. Trying to be centrally located this time. We don't want to go to Door County, too busy and expensive in the summer. Anyone have ideas for the midwest area? Thank you!!
Midwest family reunion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 6 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 7 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 8 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 9 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 12 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 15 charleston during Christmas Week
- 16 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 17 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 22 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 23 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed