I am looking for a place in the Midwest for a family reunion. The family will be coming from all over the country, so a destination less than 3 hours from a major airport is needed. Thinking more like Wisconsin or Illinois this year, but are open to ideas. There will be up to 35 people who would attend, ages birth to 70 years old. Looking for a wide range of activities to be available, such as swimming, golf, hiking/biking, shopping, etc. My family has this reunion about every 4 years, we plan to be together for a week, typically towards the end of August. In the past we have been to Sunriver, OR; Asheville, NC; Colorado. We prefer cabins/townhomes/vacation homes, and not hotels. We like to have dinners together at night and play games/cards. During the day we typically will split up, as we have some extreme hikers, some golfers, and people who like to dabble in lighter activities. I have been trying to find information on-line, but have started to feel overwhelmed with the whole research process. Originally wanted to do Maine or Vermont, but we have people who won't go to the east coast. Trying to be centrally located this time. We don't want to go to Door County, too busy and expensive in the summer. Anyone have ideas for the midwest area? Thank you!!
Midwest family reunion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 2 Los Angeles day trips
- 3 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 4 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 5 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 6 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 7 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 8 Orlando hotels
- 9 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 10 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 11 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 12 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 13 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 14 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 15 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 16 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 17 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 20 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 21 Clearwater FL area
- 22 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 23 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 24 trip advice from TN to TX
- 25 san diego or nearby area