I'm looking for opinions on a family vacation destination this October. Since this will be our first trip, we would like to be able to do a variety of things without being caught up in a big city. We did a ski area in the fall before (Park City) and enjoyed the natural beauty, sparse crowds and fractional costs, but I am worried that Breck may be too similar. Boulder seems to be a lively and entertaining town but will we able to experience tranquility there? RMNP is a big draw for us as we come from Chicago and ln experience elevation in man-made structures. Is the weather typically the same for all of these places? Also, will the road that bisects the Park be closed by then? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Mid-October, First Time in Colorado w/ 6-yo, Estes Park, Boulder or Breck?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 3 Calf trip
- 4 Anyone there to help me!
- 5 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 6 los angeles restaurants
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 West Maui Restaurants
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 19 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 x mas
- 25 Trip to Niagara Falls