I'm looking for opinions on a family vacation destination this October. Since this will be our first trip, we would like to be able to do a variety of things without being caught up in a big city. We did a ski area in the fall before (Park City) and enjoyed the natural beauty, sparse crowds and fractional costs, but I am worried that Breck may be too similar. Boulder seems to be a lively and entertaining town but will we able to experience tranquility there? RMNP is a big draw for us as we come from Chicago and ln experience elevation in man-made structures. Is the weather typically the same for all of these places? Also, will the road that bisects the Park be closed by then? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Mid-October, First Time in Colorado w/ 6-yo, Estes Park, Boulder or Breck?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 2 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 3 From Seattle airport to the city
- 4 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 5 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 6 Colorado Skiing
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 10 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 11 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 15 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 16 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 17 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 20 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 21 Middle America in October
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 visit to HIghLine
- 24 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 25 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel