We are planning to visit family in Hilton Head and have decided to drive ourselves from CT & do some sightseeing along the way. Don't think I'm crazy, but we only have 8 days to do the entire round-trip tour, so we want to make the most of our time. We are looking for nature as opposed to history on this trip, so we will be avoiding D.C. Planning on driving thru DE, as my husband just HAS to see the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. We plan on splitting up the drive down, taking the first 3 days to day-trip. Then have only one overnight stop heading home. So here's what I'm looking for opinions on: I have a half day to spend in one location and a day & a half to spend at the other. Which one should we spend more time in? I know it's not enough time in either place, but we will use what we learn to plan a future (and longer) trip. Also, any suggestions for food stops along the way would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!
Mid April: Chincoteague or Outer Banks on the way to Hilton Head?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 9 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Denver in a half day
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL