We are planning to visit family in Hilton Head and have decided to drive ourselves from CT & do some sightseeing along the way. Don't think I'm crazy, but we only have 8 days to do the entire round-trip tour, so we want to make the most of our time. We are looking for nature as opposed to history on this trip, so we will be avoiding D.C. Planning on driving thru DE, as my husband just HAS to see the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. We plan on splitting up the drive down, taking the first 3 days to day-trip. Then have only one overnight stop heading home. So here's what I'm looking for opinions on: I have a half day to spend in one location and a day & a half to spend at the other. Which one should we spend more time in? I know it's not enough time in either place, but we will use what we learn to plan a future (and longer) trip. Also, any suggestions for food stops along the way would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!
Mid April: Chincoteague or Outer Banks on the way to Hilton Head?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 Active Vacation
- 4 Quick SoCal question
- 5 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 6 New England September
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 Tampa in February
- 12 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 13 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 16 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 17 NYC taxi vs car service
- 18 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 19 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 20 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 21 Austin Food Trucks
- 22 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 23 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 24 searching for urban master planned community
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?