We are planning to visit family in Hilton Head and have decided to drive ourselves from CT & do some sightseeing along the way. Don't think I'm crazy, but we only have 8 days to do the entire round-trip tour, so we want to make the most of our time. We are looking for nature as opposed to history on this trip, so we will be avoiding D.C. Planning on driving thru DE, as my husband just HAS to see the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. We plan on splitting up the drive down, taking the first 3 days to day-trip. Then have only one overnight stop heading home. So here's what I'm looking for opinions on: I have a half day to spend in one location and a day & a half to spend at the other. Which one should we spend more time in? I know it's not enough time in either place, but we will use what we learn to plan a future (and longer) trip. Also, any suggestions for food stops along the way would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!
Mid April: Chincoteague or Outer Banks on the way to Hilton Head?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 4 Alaska railroad?
- 5 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 6 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 7 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Itinerary opinions
- 10 Calgary to Banff
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 13 Mesa Verde
- 14 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 17 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 18 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 19 Our perfect day in Key West
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 22 culpepper
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska
- 24 Pub with food in Seattle
- 25 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question