We are planning to visit family in Hilton Head and have decided to drive ourselves from CT & do some sightseeing along the way. Don't think I'm crazy, but we only have 8 days to do the entire round-trip tour, so we want to make the most of our time. We are looking for nature as opposed to history on this trip, so we will be avoiding D.C. Planning on driving thru DE, as my husband just HAS to see the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. We plan on splitting up the drive down, taking the first 3 days to day-trip. Then have only one overnight stop heading home. So here's what I'm looking for opinions on: I have a half day to spend in one location and a day & a half to spend at the other. Which one should we spend more time in? I know it's not enough time in either place, but we will use what we learn to plan a future (and longer) trip. Also, any suggestions for food stops along the way would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!
Mid April: Chincoteague or Outer Banks on the way to Hilton Head?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 3 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 4 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 10 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 11 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 14 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 Middle America in October
- 17 New York City Christmas Trip
- 18 visit to HIghLine
- 19 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 20 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 21 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 25 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go