My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Assist: POGO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 POGO GAMES 24*7
- 2 Miami for 2 days
- 3 Santa Fe Itineray
- 4 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 5 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 6 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 7 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 8 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 9 Quick road trip
- 10 Oregon Coast road trip
- 11 More problems for Big Sur
- 12 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 13 Great Falls or Helena?
- 14 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 15 Boston area hotels
- 16 How much cash do you travel with?
- 17 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 18 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 19 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 22 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 23 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!