My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Michigan Fall Getaway
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 3 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 6 Denver 1 day in denver
- 7 Boston and surrounding area
- 8 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 9 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 10 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 11 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 12 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 13 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 14 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 15 Savannah restaurants
- 16 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 17 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 18 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 19 Middlebury vt quickie
- 20 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 21 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 22 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 23 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 24 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice