My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Michigan Fall Getaway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Connecticut River Byway
- 6 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 7 Boston/Salem with kids
- 8 San Diego farmer's markets
- 9 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 10 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?