My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://yoursantiagingcream.com/nuvagen-cream/
- 2 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 3 questioning it water will make
- 4 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 5 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 6 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 7 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 8 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 9 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 10 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 11 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 12 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 13 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 16 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 17 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 18 Kids Vacation Place
- 19 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 20 Napa valley getaway
- 21 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 22 Day in Spokane
- 23 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 24 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 25 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego