My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Michigan Fall Getaway
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 San Antonio
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Key West on NYE
- 7 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 11 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 12 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 13 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 22 Oahu Information
- 23 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 24 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?