My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 2 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 3 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 4 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 5 Coffee in Boston?
- 6 Nashville Never Been
- 7 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 8 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 9 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 10 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 11 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 12 Traveling in winter
- 13 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 14 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 15 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 16 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 17 New orleans recs for family
- 18 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 19 Later Winter around Mobile
- 20 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 21 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 22 Uber boston
- 23 Florida keys trip
- 24 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 25 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)