My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 2 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 3 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 4 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 5 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 6 Inns in Manteo
- 7 Mississippi gulf coast
- 8 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 9 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 10 itinerary for 2 weeks in Oregon in early September
- 11 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 12 Lake Powell
- 13 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 14 Southwest US vacation help
- 15 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 16 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 17 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 18 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 19 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 20 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 21 Things to do in La Jolla
- 22 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 25 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management