My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1800-92- 2480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number.GULIET
- 2 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 3 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 4 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 5 Colorado Shows Off
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 8 San Diego VRBO area
- 9 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 10 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 11 help me plan a Cali trip
- 12 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 13 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 16 Wilmington DE questions
- 17 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 18 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 19 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 20 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 21 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 22 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 23 Muir Woods in October
- 24 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 25 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV