My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Michigan Fall Getaway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 2 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 8 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 22 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 23 Door County Suggestions
- 24 First family ski trip
- 25 New Hampshire Itinerary