My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tourico Vacations
- 2 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 3 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 4 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 5 Chicago to Charleston
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 8 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 9 Honeymoon out west.
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 USA, Trip to the south
- 12 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 16 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 17 Retiring to Tucson
- 18 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 19 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 20 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 21 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 22 Big Sure in June
- 23 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 24 Santa Fe Itineray
- 25 Roadtrip July 2017