My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 2 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 3 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 4 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 5 Alcatrez sold out
- 6 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 7 Broadway
- 8 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 9 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 10 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 11 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 12 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 13 Maine weather and temps
- 14 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 15 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 16 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 17 Need help planning....
- 18 L.A. and Sequoia
- 19 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 20 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 21 Week motorcycle ride
- 22 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 23 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 24 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 25 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!