My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Back from the Big Easy
- 2 Are you looking Very Practical Gift?
- 3 Cross country tips
- 4 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 5 Parka in PA during February?
- 6 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 7 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 8 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 9 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 10 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 11 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 12 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 13 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 14 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 15 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 16 IAH to HOU Questions
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 19 Jazzfest side trips
- 20 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 21 March in New Mexico
- 22 No Spam this morning!!
- 23 San Francisco transit options
- 24 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 25 Ideas for New York