My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Michigan Fall Getaway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 2 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 3 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 6 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 7 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 8 New Orleans
- 9 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 10 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 11 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 12 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 13 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 14 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 15 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 16 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 17 Baytown, Texas
- 18 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 19 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 20 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 21 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 22 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 23 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 24 Santa Barbara area
- 25 Boston in winter?