I would like to take my grandchildren to a nice beach on the lower coast of Michigan. We are from Indianapolis and would like to drive straight up to somewhere near St. Joe or near there. I have never been to Michigan and want to find someplace where we can go back each year. It's too far for me to drive to an ocean so I'm settling for one of the great lakes! Any suggestions? The kids are all ages and I'd like to take turns letting them go with me. My fantasy is of a cute cottage with a path to the beach. I'd love a patio or deck or terrace facing the water for breakfast. Mind you this is just from my imagination....but surely someone knows of something that would fit the bill Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 2 Cape Cod trip report
- 3 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 4 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 5 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 8 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 9 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 10 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 11 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 16 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 17 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 18 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 19 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 20 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 21 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 22 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 23 Seafood
- 24 2 weeks in Alaska
- 25 San Diego farmer's markets