I would like to take my grandchildren to a nice beach on the lower coast of Michigan. We are from Indianapolis and would like to drive straight up to somewhere near St. Joe or near there. I have never been to Michigan and want to find someplace where we can go back each year. It's too far for me to drive to an ocean so I'm settling for one of the great lakes! Any suggestions? The kids are all ages and I'd like to take turns letting them go with me. My fantasy is of a cute cottage with a path to the beach. I'd love a patio or deck or terrace facing the water for breakfast. Mind you this is just from my imagination....but surely someone knows of something that would fit the bill Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 9 Cape Cod in early April
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver