I would like to take my grandchildren to a nice beach on the lower coast of Michigan. We are from Indianapolis and would like to drive straight up to somewhere near St. Joe or near there. I have never been to Michigan and want to find someplace where we can go back each year. It's too far for me to drive to an ocean so I'm settling for one of the great lakes! Any suggestions? The kids are all ages and I'd like to take turns letting them go with me. My fantasy is of a cute cottage with a path to the beach. I'd love a patio or deck or terrace facing the water for breakfast. Mind you this is just from my imagination....but surely someone knows of something that would fit the bill Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 6 California & French Polynesia
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015