We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Miami or Ft Lauderdale or Key West for a young family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas