We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Miami or Ft Lauderdale or Key West for a young family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 3 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 4 Boston in winter?
- 5 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 6 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 7 san fran sightseeing
- 8 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 9 American Honeymoon in March
- 10 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 11 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 12 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 13 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 14 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 15 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 16 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 19 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 20 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 21 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 22 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 23 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 24 charlotte
- 25 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando