We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Miami or Ft Lauderdale or Key West for a young family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 2 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 3 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 4 Colorado trip
- 5 First visit in New Mexico
- 6 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 7 Maine in latter half of September
- 8 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 9 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 10 Cape cod and Acadia
- 11 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 12 Grand Marais?
- 13 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 14 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 17 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 18 Grand Teton in October
- 19 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 20 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 21 adams morgan - safety
- 22 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 23 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 24 Morning in miami
- 25 Las Vegas must sees