We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 2 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 3 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 4 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 5 reliable transportation across florida
- 6 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 7 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 8 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 9 Las Vegas loop
- 10 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 11 Redwood National Forest
- 12 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 13 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 14 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 15 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 16 Uber and Miami
- 17 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 18 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 19 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 20 Cape Cod
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?