We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 2 US whole month of January where to
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 5 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 6 Miami airport--safety??
- 7 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 8 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 9 Recent Spam Attacks
- 10 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 11 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 12 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 13 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 19 Baltimore Weekend
- 20 Dinosaur National Monument
- 21 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 22 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Things to do in Toronto
- 25 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time