We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 2 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 5 Miami and New Orleans
- 6 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 7 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Florida Family vacation in California
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 14 September Road Trip in New England
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 NYC with 8 yr old
- 17 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 18 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 19 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 22 San Francisco California
- 23 Louisville in December
- 24 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 25 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?