We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 2 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 3 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 4 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 5 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 6 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Colorado Shows Off
- 8 New England Tour
- 9 San Diego VRBO area
- 10 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 11 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 12 help me plan a Cali trip
- 13 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 14 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 17 Wilmington DE questions
- 18 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 19 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 20 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 21 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 24 Muir Woods in October
- 25 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre