We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Miami or Ft Lauderdale or Key West for a young family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!