We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 2 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 3 Day in Spokane
- 4 Zion and Bryce in July
- 5 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 6 Kids Vacation Place
- 7 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 8 Boston waterfront Italian
- 9 First time, Best business class?
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 12 What to pack
- 13 Napa valley getaway
- 14 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 17 summer vacation
- 18 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 19 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 20 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 21 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 22 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 23 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Itinerary Help Needed