We are planning a trip from London to San Fran with 3 nights in SF followed by a week in a camper van exploring Yosemite etc. We plan on stopping in Miami for a relaxing beach holiday and some sunshine on the way back. Perhaps a bit of luxury after roughing it in the camper for a week!?
We are not sure whether to do 4,5 or 7 days or where to base ourselves.
We would love to be right on a beautiful sandy beach but are not into "touristy" areas and would rather be in a quieter area but with some nice restaurants and a relaxed feel, but within an hour of Miami airport.
Are condo/villa rentals minimum 7 days?
Also recommendations for things to do with our toddler as well as the obvious beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 2 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 3 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 4 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 5 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 6 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 8 Florida Family vacation in California
- 9 New York City Christmas 2015
- 10 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 11 Yosemite Visit
- 12 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 13 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 14 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 15 50th in Hawaii
- 16 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 17 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 18 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 21 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 22 Hilton Head restaurants
- 23 Las Vegas
- 24 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 25 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!