We are planning a trip from London to San Fran with 3 nights in SF followed by a week in a camper van exploring Yosemite etc. We plan on stopping in Miami for a relaxing beach holiday and some sunshine on the way back. Perhaps a bit of luxury after roughing it in the camper for a week!?
We are not sure whether to do 4,5 or 7 days or where to base ourselves.
We would love to be right on a beautiful sandy beach but are not into "touristy" areas and would rather be in a quieter area but with some nice restaurants and a relaxed feel, but within an hour of Miami airport.
Are condo/villa rentals minimum 7 days?
Also recommendations for things to do with our toddler as well as the obvious beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Midway to U of Chicago
- 2 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 3 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 4 Route Planning for East USA
- 5 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 6 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 7 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 8 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 10 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 11 Summer trip
- 12 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 18 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 19 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 20 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 23 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 24 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 25 Florida keys trip