When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 2 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 7 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 14 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Brooklyn why?
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 24 Dining in D.C.
- 25 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and