When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston, SC help
- 2 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 3 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 middlebury vt snow
- 6 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 7 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 8 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 9 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 10 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 13 Deep South sept 2015
- 14 Self guided White House tour
- 15 Northwest USA
- 16 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 19 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 20 Portland, OR hotel question
- 21 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 24 Texas
- 25 Los Angeles day trips