When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 5 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Newport Restaurants
- 13 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 14 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 15 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 16 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 17 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 18 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 Question About Sealodge
- 21 Broadway choices
- 22 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 23 Fairbanks Alaska
- 24 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park