When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 3 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 6 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 7 relocating travel
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 17 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel