When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 3 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 7 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 11 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 16 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 17 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Road trip itinerary
- 20 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 21 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 22 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 25 Vegas hotels for families