When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 2 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 3 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 4 family celebration trip
- 5 New England September
- 6 searching for urban master planned community
- 7 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 8 Deep South sept 2015
- 9 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 10 Hawaii Group Travel
- 11 Austin Food Trucks
- 12 New York To Ashville NC
- 13 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 14 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 15 Fmpden, are you there?
- 16 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 17 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 18 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 19 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 20 Charleston Islands
- 21 Family Spring Break 2015
- 22 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 23 san diego or nearby area
- 24 Mother Daughter Trip
- 25 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY