When I started my career in the oil business in 1956, I was sent out to do field mapping in the Powder River Basin. Lived for 2 weeks at a time in the Rangeland Motel in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Nice people. What I want help with is: I remember being taken out for" A REALLY GOOD STEAK DINNER" one night by a fellow geologist. We drove for what seemed like forever, and came to a railroad spur in the middle of nowhere, and there was a 2 story building (old hotel?) that served good food. A really spooky scene, one light bulb illuminating this empty station platform, stars overhead- think Western Drama. My memory is that once inside, the walls were finished in red (whorehouse) plush. Nothing was offered except steak, baked potato,salad, and booze. Does this ring anyone's bell??
Memories of late Fifties
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Girls' Getaway
- 2 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 3 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 4 New York City - apartment locations
- 5 Car Rental in Sedona
- 6 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 7 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 8 NYC hotel/July
- 9 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 10 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 11 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 12 new york subway help please
- 13 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 14 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 15 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 16 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 17 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 18 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 19 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 20 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 21 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 22 NYC with my 13 year old
- 23 Las Vegas must sees
- 24 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 25 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side