Another trip report about a weekend trip to NYC. What could possibly be of interest? I dunno. I just started it. I'm on the bus, winding out of dc. It's an interesting route out H street, along a trolley line to be, past a big cemetery. Bladensburg Road. The National Arboretum. Days Inn and muffler shops. I'm visiting my son. DW visiting friends in Ohio with friends. It's sorta frightening traveling by myself. So far it's been ok. We're passing the baltimore washington parkway sign, just like our last megabus trip. I'm in the front row, top of the bus. Very nice. DS#2 is an intern in the big city. I'm going to stay in a very small room at the Jane Hotel which is in the West Village. Adu has given me a list of restaurants and pastry shops. Tomorrow we'll look for 1/2 price tks at the seaport whatchamacallit. I might have to make stuff up so this trip report will be sufficiently interesting.
megabus, jane hotel, megabus
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 2 Cape cod and Acadia
- 3 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 4 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 5 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 6 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 7 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 8 Colorado trip
- 9 First visit in New Mexico
- 10 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 11 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Grand Marais?
- 14 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 15 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 16 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 17 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 18 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 19 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 20 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 21 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 22 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 23 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 24 Grand Teton in October
- 25 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget