Has anyone done the Mauna Kea summit tour and stargazing programme arranged through the Onizuka Center visitor information station? If so, can you share your experiences? I like the look of this more than the Mauna Kea Summit Adventures tour, not least of all because on the summit tour you get an inside tour of two summit telescopes. Afterwards we'd plan to stay on for the stargazing programme. I'm a bit wary of driving our 4WD back down the mountain afterwards in the dark, but I guess this must happen all the time, or they wouldn't hold the events in the first place, right...? I'd be really grateful for any comments. I haven't seen anything at all on Fodors about the VIS programmes, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm looking at a really old webpage, and these tours no longer exist or something.
We're really excited about our trip - this July. We're planning to spend seven days on Big Island then six days on Oahu. It will be our first time in Hawaii. We're flying from London. Ouch! On BI we'll stay in the Kona area with two nights in Volcano. I can't wait.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthybooklet.com/bella-dior/
- 2 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 3 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 4 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 5 Kids Vacation Place
- 6 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 7 Boston waterfront Italian
- 8 Mardi Gras
- 9 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 10 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 13 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 14 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 15 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 16 Napa valley getaway
- 17 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 18 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 19 Steamboat in August
- 20 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 21 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 22 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 23 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 24 MN lake home rental needed
- 25 Desert Southwest
Mauna Kea summit/stargazing tours arranged through visitors' center