Has anyone done the Mauna Kea summit tour and stargazing programme arranged through the Onizuka Center visitor information station? If so, can you share your experiences? I like the look of this more than the Mauna Kea Summit Adventures tour, not least of all because on the summit tour you get an inside tour of two summit telescopes. Afterwards we'd plan to stay on for the stargazing programme. I'm a bit wary of driving our 4WD back down the mountain afterwards in the dark, but I guess this must happen all the time, or they wouldn't hold the events in the first place, right...? I'd be really grateful for any comments. I haven't seen anything at all on Fodors about the VIS programmes, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm looking at a really old webpage, and these tours no longer exist or something.
We're really excited about our trip - this July. We're planning to spend seven days on Big Island then six days on Oahu. It will be our first time in Hawaii. We're flying from London. Ouch! On BI we'll stay in the Kona area with two nights in Volcano. I can't wait.
Mauna Kea summit/stargazing tours arranged through visitors' center
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 7 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 8 SF to DR? WTH!
- 9 Kennebunkport and....?
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 NYC Itinerary Help
- 12 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 13 WISCONSIN
- 14 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 15 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 16 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 17 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 18 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 19 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 20 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 21 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 22 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 23 Washington, DC to Boston
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Where to go in Maine?