Has anyone done the Mauna Kea summit tour and stargazing programme arranged through the Onizuka Center visitor information station? If so, can you share your experiences? I like the look of this more than the Mauna Kea Summit Adventures tour, not least of all because on the summit tour you get an inside tour of two summit telescopes. Afterwards we'd plan to stay on for the stargazing programme. I'm a bit wary of driving our 4WD back down the mountain afterwards in the dark, but I guess this must happen all the time, or they wouldn't hold the events in the first place, right...? I'd be really grateful for any comments. I haven't seen anything at all on Fodors about the VIS programmes, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm looking at a really old webpage, and these tours no longer exist or something.
We're really excited about our trip - this July. We're planning to spend seven days on Big Island then six days on Oahu. It will be our first time in Hawaii. We're flying from London. Ouch! On BI we'll stay in the Kona area with two nights in Volcano. I can't wait.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementadvise.com/optimum-garcinia-plus/
- 2 Producing a low volume of seminal
- 3 Don't Fail Financially Diet Foods - Granola Bars And Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 http://elevategffacts.com/ultimate-testo-explosion/
- 5 My Topic Titlehttp://gomusclebuilding.com/infinite-male-enhancement/
- 6 White light smile reviews
- 7 Key West
- 8 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 9 http://wellnesssupplement.com/image-revive/
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 12 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 13 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 14 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 15 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 16 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 17 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 18 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 19 moving to Florida
- 20 DC restaurant report
- 21 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 22 Neue Galerie
- 23 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 24 A Few Days in Asheville
- 25 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
Mauna Kea summit/stargazing tours arranged through visitors' center