Has anyone done the Mauna Kea summit tour and stargazing programme arranged through the Onizuka Center visitor information station? If so, can you share your experiences? I like the look of this more than the Mauna Kea Summit Adventures tour, not least of all because on the summit tour you get an inside tour of two summit telescopes. Afterwards we'd plan to stay on for the stargazing programme. I'm a bit wary of driving our 4WD back down the mountain afterwards in the dark, but I guess this must happen all the time, or they wouldn't hold the events in the first place, right...? I'd be really grateful for any comments. I haven't seen anything at all on Fodors about the VIS programmes, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm looking at a really old webpage, and these tours no longer exist or something.
We're really excited about our trip - this July. We're planning to spend seven days on Big Island then six days on Oahu. It will be our first time in Hawaii. We're flying from London. Ouch! On BI we'll stay in the Kona area with two nights in Volcano. I can't wait.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 2 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 3 Read!! http://fornatgaex.com/enduro-force/
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 flagstaff
- 7 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 sugestions
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 11 Rules of the NY Subway
- 12 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 13 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 14 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 15 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 16 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 17 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 20 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 21 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 22 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 23 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 24 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 25 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
Mauna Kea summit/stargazing tours arranged through visitors' center