Has anyone done the Mauna Kea summit tour and stargazing programme arranged through the Onizuka Center visitor information station? If so, can you share your experiences? I like the look of this more than the Mauna Kea Summit Adventures tour, not least of all because on the summit tour you get an inside tour of two summit telescopes. Afterwards we'd plan to stay on for the stargazing programme. I'm a bit wary of driving our 4WD back down the mountain afterwards in the dark, but I guess this must happen all the time, or they wouldn't hold the events in the first place, right...? I'd be really grateful for any comments. I haven't seen anything at all on Fodors about the VIS programmes, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I'm looking at a really old webpage, and these tours no longer exist or something.
We're really excited about our trip - this July. We're planning to spend seven days on Big Island then six days on Oahu. It will be our first time in Hawaii. We're flying from London. Ouch! On BI we'll stay in the Kona area with two nights in Volcano. I can't wait.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help me with this
- 2 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 3 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 4 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 5 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 6 AR State Parks
- 7 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 10 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 9-10 day trip to WA
- 13 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 14 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 15 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 19 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 Atlanta With Toddler
- 22 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 23 NYC For The Day
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
Mauna Kea summit/stargazing tours arranged through visitors' center