Planning our first visit to HI in early September (myself, husband and daughter (early 20s). We will be spending 9 nights and splitting our stay between Oahu and either Maui or the Big Island. Looking forward to lots of sightseeing and activities on Oahu - Pearl Harbor, surf lessons, exploring chinatown, driving out to the north shore (and for DD, shopping and seeing any of the locations where LOST filmed).
For the second island, we know it will be more relaxing and we are trying to decide between Maui v. the Big Island. Deciding factor may come down to better snorkeling, as it is an activity we all enjoy. We're interested in both off shore experiences, where you can just wade in from the beach, as well as boat excursions (eg Molokini crater). I have 3 different guidebooks but am having a hard time determining which island would be better for this in early September. I humbly turn to fellow Fodorites for your opinions.
Thanks for any insights you can provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 2 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 3 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 4 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 5 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 6 Florida Coffee Roasters
- 7 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 8 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 9 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 10 4th of July in Chicago
- 11 Yosemite Hike
- 12 Visiting New York State
- 13 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 14 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 15 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 16 The District by Hilton Club
- 17 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 18 Colorado Hiking in September
- 19 nashville,tenn
- 20 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 21 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 24 Bucket List
- 25 DC area hotel for end of June...