We have had a change of plans for our summer vacation. We are now booked to visit Maui for 10 days (11 nights) and then flying to Los Angeles to visit with family for 5 days, before returning home. We are a family of four, with 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and we all enjoy spending time at the pool and beach as much as sightseeing and discovering new things. We are thinking of taking a day trip to either Molakai and/or Lanai as well as renting a car for a few days and exploring the island, visiting the sights and natural beauty we have read about and those we have not yet discovered.
We are undecided on how to spend our 10 days in Maui. Do we pick one hotel and stay there for the 11 nights or choose two different areas (Kaanapali and Wailea) and spilt the time between the two.
As well, we do not know which hotel to choose from. They all look nice, but so may different sites give varying reviews of the different hotels. We like the Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton on Kaanapali beach as well as the Fairmont and Grand Wailea in Wailea. If you can offer suggestions on which hotel you would recommend, that would be wonderful.
Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hapuna beach, big island
- 2 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 3 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 4 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 5 North Carolina Coast
- 6 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 7 myrtle beach
- 8 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 9 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 10 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 13 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 14 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 15 NYC with wheelchair
- 16 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 17 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 18 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 19 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 20 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 21 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 New Orleans logistics
- 24 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 25 Hilton Head