We have had a change of plans for our summer vacation. We are now booked to visit Maui for 10 days (11 nights) and then flying to Los Angeles to visit with family for 5 days, before returning home. We are a family of four, with 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and we all enjoy spending time at the pool and beach as much as sightseeing and discovering new things. We are thinking of taking a day trip to either Molakai and/or Lanai as well as renting a car for a few days and exploring the island, visiting the sights and natural beauty we have read about and those we have not yet discovered.
We are undecided on how to spend our 10 days in Maui. Do we pick one hotel and stay there for the 11 nights or choose two different areas (Kaanapali and Wailea) and spilt the time between the two.
As well, we do not know which hotel to choose from. They all look nice, but so may different sites give varying reviews of the different hotels. We like the Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton on Kaanapali beach as well as the Fairmont and Grand Wailea in Wailea. If you can offer suggestions on which hotel you would recommend, that would be wonderful.
Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Maui in 10 days....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 2 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 3 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 4 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 5 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 8 New York City and New England
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 12 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 13 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Best Destination in USA
- 21 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 22 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 23 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 24 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 25 x mas