We have had a change of plans for our summer vacation. We are now booked to visit Maui for 10 days (11 nights) and then flying to Los Angeles to visit with family for 5 days, before returning home. We are a family of four, with 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and we all enjoy spending time at the pool and beach as much as sightseeing and discovering new things. We are thinking of taking a day trip to either Molakai and/or Lanai as well as renting a car for a few days and exploring the island, visiting the sights and natural beauty we have read about and those we have not yet discovered.
We are undecided on how to spend our 10 days in Maui. Do we pick one hotel and stay there for the 11 nights or choose two different areas (Kaanapali and Wailea) and spilt the time between the two.
As well, we do not know which hotel to choose from. They all look nice, but so may different sites give varying reviews of the different hotels. We like the Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton on Kaanapali beach as well as the Fairmont and Grand Wailea in Wailea. If you can offer suggestions on which hotel you would recommend, that would be wonderful.
Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Maui in 10 days....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Bound End of March
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 Oahu ideas
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 9 Key Largo, FL
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Death Valley in June
- 12 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 13 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 14 San Diego grocery stores
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 20 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 23 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 24 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 25 Roadtrip Across the Country