We have had a change of plans for our summer vacation. We are now booked to visit Maui for 10 days (11 nights) and then flying to Los Angeles to visit with family for 5 days, before returning home. We are a family of four, with 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and we all enjoy spending time at the pool and beach as much as sightseeing and discovering new things. We are thinking of taking a day trip to either Molakai and/or Lanai as well as renting a car for a few days and exploring the island, visiting the sights and natural beauty we have read about and those we have not yet discovered.
We are undecided on how to spend our 10 days in Maui. Do we pick one hotel and stay there for the 11 nights or choose two different areas (Kaanapali and Wailea) and spilt the time between the two.
As well, we do not know which hotel to choose from. They all look nice, but so may different sites give varying reviews of the different hotels. We like the Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton on Kaanapali beach as well as the Fairmont and Grand Wailea in Wailea. If you can offer suggestions on which hotel you would recommend, that would be wonderful.
Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Great DC Trip
- 2 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 3 Black History Museum
- 4 How much time in Badlands?
- 5 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 6 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 7 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 8 DC Restaurants
- 9 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 10 Short Oregon Trip
- 11 usa roadtrip
- 12 Hawaii and...where?
- 13 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 14 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 15 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Chicago 2017
- 18 Christmas in Colorado
- 19 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 20 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 21 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 22 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 23 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 24 Marfa/Big Bend
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds