We have had a change of plans for our summer vacation. We are now booked to visit Maui for 10 days (11 nights) and then flying to Los Angeles to visit with family for 5 days, before returning home. We are a family of four, with 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and we all enjoy spending time at the pool and beach as much as sightseeing and discovering new things. We are thinking of taking a day trip to either Molakai and/or Lanai as well as renting a car for a few days and exploring the island, visiting the sights and natural beauty we have read about and those we have not yet discovered.
We are undecided on how to spend our 10 days in Maui. Do we pick one hotel and stay there for the 11 nights or choose two different areas (Kaanapali and Wailea) and spilt the time between the two.
As well, we do not know which hotel to choose from. They all look nice, but so may different sites give varying reviews of the different hotels. We like the Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton on Kaanapali beach as well as the Fairmont and Grand Wailea in Wailea. If you can offer suggestions on which hotel you would recommend, that would be wonderful.
Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 2 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 3 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 4 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 5 New Software
- 6 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 7 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 8 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 9 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 10 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 13 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 14 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 15 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 16 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 19 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 20 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 21 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 22 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 23 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 24 Boston waterfront Italian
- 25 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip