We are getting closer to making a decision about our 30th anniversary trip, Hawaii is on the top of the list. As for which island, we are pretty sure it will be Maui...again! If it aint broke why fix it ? Right? Hotel choice is not so easy for us this time. Our anniversary is on New Years Eve when so many families are traveling. Last time (on our 20th) we stayed at the Grand Wailea and loved it but it was really, really busy with children. This time we are thinking of splurging and trying the Four Seasons. We are just wanting to hear others advice between the Grand Wailea, Fairmont and the Four Seasons. Snorkeling is very important to my husband and as I recall it would not have been possible off the beach at the Grand Wailea, it was very rough. I read somewhere that the snorkeling was great right off the beach at the Four Seasons. For some reason I thought that theses two hotels shared a beach, am I remembering wrong? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Maui hotel choice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 4 Getting around the Big Island
- 5 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 6 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 7 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 8 New York Yankee Station
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 11 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 14 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 15 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 16 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 17 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 18 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 19 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 22 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 23 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 24 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 25 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park